🚭|𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖈𝖎𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊|🚭

~🚭~

~🚭~

I was sitting on the rooftop of the academy, gazing out to the sunset whilst smoking a cigarette.

Five didn't know I had a smoking addiction, so I was doing this all behind his back. I felt bad about lying to him, but I was scared to talk to him about it; he always has such a look of disgust whenever he sees anyone smoking.

I didn't want to disappoint him.

He hadn't found my hiding spot just yet.

Just yet.

I suddenly heard a flash behind me, and I instantly knew what it was.

Or should I say who it was.

My adrenaline suddenly went crazy, and I tried to put out the cigarette as quickly as I could. I coughed out the remainder of the smoke, but Five had already seen everything.

"A-Are you smoking?!" Five asked in shock, edging closer to look at me.
"No," I lied innocently, whilst avoiding his gaze.

I then felt his cold hand clasp under my chin as he pointed my face upwards to him.

I couldn't stop my eyes from wandering to anything but his face.

He let out a scoff and harshly let go of my chin, then sat down next to me.

"Don't lie to me l/n, I saw you put it out," He spoke bitterly.
"It's just a cigarette," I spoke softly whilst turning my head to look at him.
"Yeah, just a cigarette that gives you lung cancer," He spat.
"So? Look at Klaus, he smokes all the time and he's fine!" I fired back defensively.
"That's not the point y/n!"

There was a silence for a momment or two, and I let out a heavy sigh while looking awkwardly around my surroundings.

"How long?" I heard Five say, which made my heart rate go 3 times faster.
"What?" I asked shakily, turning to look at him.
"How long have you been smoking for?" He repeated himself, now wearing a look of hurt.

I hesitated majorly, but I knew I couldn't lie to him again.

Not only would I feel racked with guilt, but Five would be able to sense my lying in an instant.

He placed his hand over mine, to try and coax me into telling him.

Which worked, of course.

"4 months," My broken voice spoke in a whisper.

I could just see Five's heart break into a million pieces.

His hand left mine, and instead rubbed his face in hurt and let out a deep huff.

I bit down my lip and sniffled, then stared down in my lap.

I couldn't look at him any longer without almost breaking down into tears.