💫|𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬|💫

literally just some short momments of different tropes💀

~💫~

#1: The one who loves reading x the one who can't stand it;

Aidan sighed heavily as he saw y/n sitting at a desk in the library, her nose in a book, as per usual. He'd been looking for her everywhere, why he didn't go to the library first, I have no idea.

He quietly crept up behind her, then grabbed her frantically and said the word 'Boo' directly into her ear.

Because she was so startled by this, and so caught up in the book, it resulted into her dropping her book, and loosing her page. (every readers' nightmare, especially when you're in the middle of a random page, not a page where the chapters just started)

"Aidan! What is wrong with you?!" She whisper yelled to him, hitting his shoulder and leaning over to pick up her book while he just snickered and sat next to her.

She rolled her eyes at his actions, then went on to flick through and scim read the pages to find the one she was on.
"What are you even reading?" He asked curiously, resting his head against his hand.

"Little Women," She told him bluntly, being too focused on finding her page.
"Huh? What's it about?" He questioned in confusion. He hated reading, so of course the title didn't sound familiar to him at all.
"4 sisters in 1868," She told him again; you mainly had to read the book itself in order to know the plot if that makes sense.

"Sounds boring," He commented, making y/n scoff and glare at him.
"Just because you're too immature to actually appreciate beautiful things," She spat at him, still making sure to keep her voice down however.
"What's so beautiful about some words on a page?"
"It's only beautiful when you actually read it. And analyse it, and process it, like any normal person would do," She argued.

He scoffed at this.
"If anything, you're the one that's not normal."
She sighed, and looked up at him from her novel again.
"You do know that you can seriously increase your english grade if you read more, right?"

"How?" He screwed up is face in utter bewilderment.
"It expands your vocabulary," She answered, returning her eyes to the book.
"Well, I'm perfectly happy with how my vocabulary is, thank you very much," He stated cockily, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

All y/n did was give him a 'Really?' look in silence, making the boy roll his eyes, the girl smirking to herself.

"Anyway, do I get to hug you n-"
"Wait! Shh sh! I just found my page again!" She squealed excitedly, cutting off the boy and not even listening to what he was trying to say in the first place.