Memories of midnight

Draupadi was feeding the rabbits and small chicks that surrounded the hut.
She has finished her work, bheem has gone to hunt, arjun and sahadev went to nearby forest for some prayer.
Nakul was cutting down the large trees for firewood at the backyard.
Yudhister went to the river for his daily pooja and meditation.
She saw some fruits around the corner, and managed to cut few, for nakul, she saw him sweating and working hard in the hot sun.
She took the fruits and went to the backyard, sat over looking across his mascular body cutting down the wood... large woods ..
"Arya, have some fruits, and then do the work. You did not have anything from morning, " She offered him.
"panchali, you are diverting me, let me complete this. You have the fruit, I will join you in couple of minutes... ", he was completing his sentance.

She lay her head on the tree and closed her eyes placing the fruit on her lap.
Her mind drenched on the memories that she behold deep In her heart.
The breeze of the slow moving trees took her back to her memories.
Years back.... In Indraprastha,.... Their first day in the palace as couples

Panchali has given the orders to the maids to arrange the rooms, she was looking out for her room, she crossed checked each of her arya's room.
The way they got angry on her humiliation in the court of hastinapur, was running in her mind.

She opened the large door of her room,and was astounished to see the large bed, further went inside to find different varieties of bangles, large desk holding a huge mirror, beautiful scents, pins, hair cuffs,
Lots and lots of silk sarees, and jewels...
She was stunned with all the things that lay there.Her eyes soon moved to the large doors adjoining the room, she went and spell bound to see a small pool, the bath room was unusually large.
She came out, slowly closing the door.
She went near the window, slowly opened it to see the large trees, river.
She turned and came and sat near the couch.
She was startled by the footsteps. Stood up, and the doors opened, and saw her husbands standing with their weapons, as if they are going to attack her.

Her eyes widened, they all came in placed the weapons and settled in the room.
"So do you like our home, anything else is required yuvarani, draupathi", yudhister asked.
" Please don't call me in formal names, you all have right to call me I the name as u wish, and also have rights to scold me even, if I have made any mistake, I don't know, .... ", she bend down her head, still caught by the words of duriyodhan in the Royal court.
" Panchali, it's our responsibilities to take care of our wife, who ran around arranging the rooms, and things In the new place. I am amazed", Nakul said.
"Thank you, Arya ", she said still looking down on the carpet.
Sahadev understood and nodded looking at arjun, " The practice area, discussion Hall was amazing panachali, so how about the princess room, you haven't commented on the gifts that we have bought for you ", sahadev said.
" You five are the precious ones for me, I am so happy, and will be happy even if you ask me to live with y ou in a deep forest, without any of these", she said.
"That's what we are proud of you. You are down to earth, the princess of panchal, queen of indraprastha, yet some and elegant", Arjun commented.
" I am happy with all the arrangements you have done, you seem to have understood us within five days ", bheem said
" Yes, bheem brother, the kitchen is perfect and it's near the practice area, and that's what is your best like of all the arrangements, ", nakul teased bheem, making bheem grit his teeth, making all laugh,.
Even panchali has smiled, and this time pandava brothers noticed the worry of their wife.
Yudhister got up, and went near panchali and asked her to come with him. The brothers follwed them. He took her to a large dressing table, in the room. "So now guess, who have gifted you what? , ", yudhister said, smiling at his brothers. They all surrounded her. Chills ran through her spine, in the closeness of all the five around her. Earrings, hip belt, bangles,... Her eyes ran though everything.
" It's so confusing, I can't go wrong and hurt you, I don't want this test", she said placing her hand on the table.
"We all will not feel bad, and this is not a test ", arjun said quickly.
" Yes, panchali it's just fun.. Common" Bheem was talking fast.
"Ok... This comb, it's so beautiful, and mirror, , ", she said quickly scanning all the eyes, and stopped and guessed" I think it's arya Nakul", she said. Nakul blushed, and said "oh yes, it's correct,how did you guess? ",
" It's simple arya,. I don't know.. It's a guess", she said. " Correct guess", bheem said, tapping Nakul's back.
"This bangles, I think was bought by Arya bheem, ", she said hearing pandavas clap their hands, on her correct guess.
" This hip belt, pins, and unique design of neck chains, surely by Arya yudhister", she said touching the neck chains gently.
"This... ", she pointed out to golden anklets, " By Arya sahadev", she took one and sounded it and kept it down.
"All the answers are c orrect.. So guess mine ", arjun said.. Waiting for her to tell.,
"Your gift is not here, it's in that place, ", she moved away, startling the pandavas, she opened the large cupboard, where she saw different colured veils and head bands with beautiful stones,. ",", so I am I... ", " Yew..yes... !!! ", Arjun shouted.
" So we all have another gift", Nakul opened his hands, and showed a toe ring.
"This is a gift of matha gandhari, a traditional one which was given by the chief woman to her daughter in law. "
Yudhister said.
Arjun pulled her hand and took her to the small stool, made her sit.
"Ok, show your legs,.. ", he said. " What, she got up, but was pulled back by him",
"I am embarrassed.. I feel so... ", she stopped and closed her eyes with her hands. Making pandavas smile at her.
" Panchali, married woman wear this, common,. We no longer require your permission, ", Sahadev said, making her blush more.
" I myself will, now it's time for lunch, come.. She again got up.. ", but this time all of them bend down on their knees.
Bheem took her foot, placed on his lap, wore the first ring
Followed by Nakul who wore it on her left foot.
" Another ring by sahadev on left,, and another by Arjun on right", yudhister took some coconut oil and gently patted her toes, and said "I know it hurts, but this will soothen the pain. " They got up, "we will meet you down", and left,
She woke from her memories, still to find her husband cutting the wood.
He stopped looking at her stare, " Ok, now don't kill me with that look panchali, I will join u in eating these", he came lifted her up . "Arya, can I ly down in your lap", she asked, and Nakul nodded and they comfortably sat in the hut, he gently carressed his wife. Making her lie down..
She closed her eyes, memories... Memories... Fighting a tear, that got down her eyes, captured by nakul. Saw his beautiful wifes face and closed his eyes.