A Long way to Home

Just within few hours the  pandavas and panchali reached the nearest town along with their people. The town was very small with many vendors selling from raw mangoes, jack fruit, spices, vegetables and various things.

Nakul and Arjun got down from their horses and went to the town's chief, who was sitting under a small temple like hut made of mosaic and brick.
He stood on his heels as soon as he saw the vast pandava troop, and offered to give them some food and things required to build the  city.

After making some arrangements for their people, pandav brothers came to the chief's room, where they left panchali to rest.

Panchali was too tired of the days travel, they found her asleep alongside the diwan which faced the window. She was  looking so bright, her face packed with turmeric and sandel essence, with a kunkum on the forehead,bright red and yellow saree were glittering on the mid summer evening.
She quickly opened her eyes,and gave a smile looking at her arya's.

"How was the people resting along? Are they comfortable?" Enquired the Queen of Kandharvaprasth."yes,panchali,we need to give some rest to our people,after all they have been walking for almost 8 hours now, and the summer heat has dehydrated the young ones in our troop",replied yudhister .

"It's been so long,you people showed me some mercy.I vayu putra,bheem will not move from here until you feed me. After all nice aroma of laddoo and kheer is making me crazy brother!"said Bheem,who was toying his hands around his angavastra. Nakul bought some stirred rice,sweet kheer and some tamarind rice from a pack. Sahadev and Arjun assisted panchali in serving the food.

Bheem was the first one to finish the food,but he always felt full only after his wife ate. So he waited and asked her to serve him one more round of tamarind rice.

They enjoyed their meal and it was about twilight, they started to continue their journey.few of the people were very happy with the five some.Their long walk felt it's too long and they wanted to cover maximum distance so at least they can reach the earlier the next day.

They all have travelled towards the kandarvaprasth, it's going to night.
They need to stop to rest for the night and dinner. Tiredness peeping into every one, they saw a bright bloom that was coming from the closed wall. They where taken aback, when they found it was a small Muruga temple with lots of peacock around. It was a beautiful big temple with a huge Hall surrounded by stone works depicting the whole story of kathikeyan's creation by Lord parvathi.

Panchali got down and walked towards the temple, and informed the gaurds and maids to prepare a single meal for everyone. She ordered the gaurds to prepare Bisbilabath and some potato, while she did pooja to the God.

After the dinner, the people and the pandavas slept in the temple 's Hall, each one lost their thought with the gentle breeze and lovely scenery off peacock and birds. Nakul was lying down next to panchali narrating the various birds that are seen in the town, but stopped in middle as he saw his wife was already asleep and his brother been munching some oranges and gooseberry while gaurding the people as it's his time now to protect them.