A Different Night

Draupathi was welcomed by the tribal village people with great joy. Offered her with a flower garland.
Sahadev was taken aback when they gave him a bowl of fruit,and asked him to feed draupathi, said it was a part of welcoming the cheif guest.
They had nice dance,music,and children played with draupathi and sahadev.
The villagers requested draupathi to wear a saree that was weaved by them. She immediately agreed. Sahadev offered to wait near the lake till she got ready.
Sahadev was waiting for her when she got to the Lake. When he saw her, he got up from the stone  and walked toward her, smiling and brushing his black hair back. “panchali ” he said, taking her hand. “You look terrific.”

“Thanks.” she smiled nervously and then decided to get it over with. “Well? What’s this serious talk about?, you came rushing to find me on the day I fainted ? What is it about?".

Us.” he said,Still holding her hand, sahadev led her to a stone , and they sat down.

“I remember,” sahadev said. “I’ve been thinking about us all the time I’ve been home. At first, I just wasn’t sure whether we ought to stay together,years before first time.. It was very first time...
But the more I saw you, the more I realized I wanted to be with you. And it was hard, because you were so busy with the palace,organizing and everything. I even worried about asking you out—I didn’t want it to seem as though I was trying to take you away from your ...
Routine may be..”he said.
“It’s probably always going to be that way, arya "she told him.
“I know, and that’s okay,” he said. “It was just hard, because all I wanted to do was put my arms around you. That’s still all I want to do.”Sighing in relief, panchali grinned at him. “So who’s stopping you now?” she asked.Grinning back, sahadev wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.“By the way,” she  whispered, “I never did ask you why you followed me in garden on the first day in hastinapur that day."Sahadev laughed softly. “I came to tell you that I love you,” he said.

Just before they kissed, she thought that maybe she hadn’t lost his touch, either.
"But I am sure there's some one, other than you on that day ", she said. " We will find out",.he said.
The Moon was shining bright, he held her arms tight, making her blush every moment he saw her. "Panchali, shall I... "
He stopped, wanting to kiss her,. He was waiting for the time alone with her.
He heard some one approaching them.
The leader of the tribal village offered them to stay in a hut, which sahadev accepted, and panchali nodded in agreement.
They sat in a jute mat, which covered the bed and cot made of large blocks of coir and hay. It had a small kitchen. A pot of water was kept with a clay glass. Fruits and vegetables for them to eat lay in a corner.
He kept his hand near the door so she won't get hurt on entering the small doorway, she bent to enter while she slipped and sahadev cought her around with a pull of her stomach.
They stood hugging each other.
They realised and got away from the grip of each other giggling.
He took her to the bed and made her sit, and offered her a glass of water.
He saw her very preety in the saree, given bt the lovable people. "Early morning we will leave " He chuckled.
"Tribal sentiments exactly." sahadev smiled at as he tucked his arm through hers. "You look spectacular. Panchali!"

She smiled back. "You don't look so bad yourself."I am expecting few words from you, until which I won't... " He stopped and looked at her. She was looking smiling at him. "So, You won't kiss me, you won't hug me either, but you want to touch me when ever, you get an opportunity", she winked her eyes.
Sahadev was laughing now, hitting his heart with his palms. " I don't know what to say.. You are such a bold woman panchali, "he went near her,. . Hugged her tight. " I like you being so simple Arya, unlike your other brothers you are so special to me, I don't know why? You are my best friend, my best best... "She said and hugged him back, " So... "He cut her short. " Something has to happen, it must happen to make me yours, what's that? ", he asked her, making her blush. Her cheeks were turning pink, and she bit her lips, " You are the most wonderful creation in the universe, " He said. "So again going to draw lines in sky, the stars will propose  for you !! Is it? " She stopped and looked at him. "Not really",.He was undoing his dress. "What are you doing? "She turned away,
" What can I do, I need to change to some night cloths " All this jewels, and things, I can't sleep like this ", he pointed.  " Doing things, before a woman... I mean.. Dressing before me,"she was stammering
"
"Its ok..you are my wife,everything to me, even I don't mind if you wish to change",he said.," That won't be needed",s h e continued "The villagers told that we need to bath in the backyard, and I checked its a open bathroom, what if somebody peeks in? ",
She asked. " No one will, I will stand as a guard, now go to your sleep, if you talk, how will I doze off? ", he said.
She loves him, but something told her , he feels shy to start things.
They both closed their eyes, but both were immersed in thought of one another.
She was silently thinking of him..