An Unusual punishment

The years are moving so fast. Panchali again chose her life with the eldest brother Yudhister.  Panchali's eyes were still shut after yudhister's long, lingering kiss. She felt his breath on her ear as he uttered those magic words. A ripple of delight slid up her spine.

Opening her eyes, she gazed into the warm, handsome face of her husband. Behind him, the setting sun shone through the dappled leaves of the trees in the Garden.

“You know something?” she said with a glowing smile.

“Hmmm?” he murmured.

“I’ve got to be the luckiest girl in the entire universe. You’re a wonderful  person .” Brushing a strand of black blond hair from her face, she leaned against him and reached down to hold his hand.

“The feeling is totally mutual,” yudhister said, nuzzling her neck.

Resting her head on his strong, muscular shoulder, panchali thought back over the last few weeks. Summer had been fabulous.

If only their time together could last forever. If only summer didn’t have to end.

He was very happy to be with her. Every evening they both came to the garden, sometimes with their family. Next five years, the brothers have decided to not disturb her, and ensure they take care of her.

It was really a wonderful year.
She had thought.next year It's going to be with bheem. She had decided.
The children are growing up very fast. Very fast she thought in her mind.
Is this weekend? It's looks so.. Every day was like weekend ,her long walks, horse rides and playing riddle game with the little ones were amazing.

The year came to the end. She has to do the agni pooja, to gain purity. The children slept in her room.
She as usual made them sleep, wore a red saree, and walked to do the pooja...
Kalyani has gone to visit her sick mother, and panchali has insisted that she bring her back. This is the first time Kalyani has left in all these years.

She did not realize the kids were following her.
She stood before the glowing fire, repeated the mantras.

Sahadev could not sleep. He felt his skin is pricking him with burn. The children... He thought. He came rushing, and bumped into bheem who has just finished his dinner.
He explained to him his unusual vision.they rushed down. Before they could find themselves getting hold, prithvindhya was holding his brother's, hand and they cried," mata , mata.." And holding each other jumped into the fire.
"No ", shouted bheem, his voice ready to shake the palace. While the other two brothers came down and reached.
" Our children jumped into the fire "
He was panicking, Sahadev head was spinning. There  must be a way, he thought. "There must be a way ", when we come out as young men, when panchali comes out as a young girl, the kids must also be!! " He stopped to find, panchali coming out of the fire.
"What happened? " She asked looking at her husband's face.
Nakul explained what had happened.
It must be sutasom, naughty one who has  always been hungry and would have raise to check for his mom.
Prathivinth was seven, and other children were one year younger than the other.
Draupathi did not panick. She knew what is going to happen.
She took her husbands to durga temple. Asked them to jump into the holy fire, and explained the mantra that was thought by Naradha, to handle situation like this.

It was a real punishment for panchali.
A punishment to loose her children.
Nothing has happened. The children did not come out from fire even repeating the mantras, and the brothers did their part.

Their only choice is to die.. They have lost their children in the fire. It was early morning, within an hour, the sun would rise. They heard a sound of a chariot. Madhav was cing along with Ved vyas.

"Long live your fame, your children are not dead, they have gone back to the aura, they will return back one by one " Ved vyas said to the devasted family.

They will come back to you.... The words were repeating in panchali's ears..

She sat near the steps of the durga temple.
All her husbands were near her.
When is that the children are going to come back? It was not her mistake.
Not at all. The silence in the whole palace was taking her life.

The children...
They are no were.. She saw them playing..
Now they are inside the agni.
Just got she was about to give up on her life, she saw a femiliar hand taking her hand.
It's her friend.. Madhav....