The present

The day arrived, when draupathi has to go through the fire to purify and start living with Arjun. Weeks have gone, still the unhappiness  surrounded panchali.
Subatra was a happy and joyful girl. Panchali has stopped going through the Arjun 's room.
Subatra was walking through the garden, she saw panchali walking towards the placè  where the agni parichey is going to be held.
She saw her going through the pure fire. Amazed. She was startled by the touch of arjun. She turned with tears in her eyes. "Not any woman will do that. Becoming pure with all that buring fire. It takes a determination. ", she stopped. " My draupathi has accepted this for me. She neither wanted to loose me nor me loosing my family as well. ", he told subatra what happened after suyambara.she wiped her tears, a panchali  walked to her chambers.
Arjun stood there, watching panchali coming out.
She passed him, not even a glance passed through.
She went to her room and tried to settle. Subathra walked inside. " Jiji, you are an epitome of purity. I am not going to disturb your life, by intruding into your life. Don't ever think you are sharing arya with me. He is a complete soul in you.It was me who fell in love, but I realized, that you are the one who loves him a lot. I am not going to stay in his chambers. I have moved out to another chamber. Jiji... I am sorry. ",
She said. Before panchali could say anything she moved away.
This year is hers.. When panchali has gifted her with sacrifice. It's subatra, who thought she is doing the same to her sister. She meant it.
Next day, the pooja was arranged, and draupathi has done the same thing as she does.
She came down. Madhav was standing next to subathra. A gentle smile escaped from his lips, "Mahabaratha..... "which is why he was smiling .
Madhav was interrupted in his thoughts by Arjun.
They were talking about the new king and about some war,. They reached the corner of the palace, where they stopped. The maids have brought some Lassi for Madhav and Arjun.
Madhav took a two rings 💍, one is pearl and another is ruby. He handed it to Arjun. So these are the two rings. So now you need to decide which one you are going to give to panchali, and which one to subatra.
Arjun was looking at both. "You could have brought both as ruby or both pearl. "
"Think parth. Think.. ", he said.
He saw the Ruby Stone.. Bright red. He kept It for panchali. And he went to subatra, and gave her white pearl ring. She felt happy. She told him to be with her jiji. She informed she is going to attend her friends wedding in dwarka, and informed she will be with her brothers for couple of weeks, informed her brother in law.
A great warrior couldn't understand both his wives thought.
It was so hard for him. Subatra went and informed everyone. She went to draupathi room. She saw her dressed elegantly in white. She was looking so young she kissed her jiji. "Jiji, you look awesome ", she hugged her. She went and informed draupathi.
madhav, as usual got panchali's favourite  milk halwa, and pure ghee.
" I love this myself partha. My sakhi also loves it." She gave some savories too.

Panchali was sitting nearby the pond. Arjun saw her toying her legs in the pond and playing with some flowers.

He went and closed her eyes. "Arya Nakul dont play, I am going to push you into the pond ",." Nakul, so... U don't remember your arya arjun ", he was doing a childish face. ".

He took her hands and kissed her gently. "Close your eyes, krishnaa.", he took the ring and he took panchali's little ring finger, and wore it to her.