Prologue

1 9 8 1

1 9 8 1

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry made his way to the Hog's Head Inn, for an interview.

He was to interview, Sybill Trelawney, who had applied for the post of Divination Professor.

Albus walked in and greeted Aberforth, his younger brother and also the owner of the Hog's Head Inn.

Aberforth sent a curt nod towards his brother and carried on with his work, not acknowledging his brother any longer.

Albus Dumbledore saw Sybill sitting at a table near the door.

"Sybill Trelawney, Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" he introduced himself.

"I- Thank you Sir"

The two sat down, the interview wasn't long.

Albus Dumbledore was disappointed with the performance that Sybill Trelawney gave. He thanked her for applying and stood up to leave.

Sybill was quick to clamp her trembling hand on the headmaster's, to stop him, "N-o please, I- I see something," it was like she was in a trance, "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal-" 

Trelawney was interrupted by Aberforth barging in with a greasy haired man, with a hook nose.

"Caught him eavesdropping" Aberforth said gruffly.

"Ah Severus," Albus said looking at his former student Severus Snape and current potions professor.

"I was just passing by-" Severus sneered at Aberforth and quickly fled from the pub.

"Yes Sybill dear, what were you saying?" Albus asked.

Sybill Trelawney completed the prophecy this time, with no interruptions.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...."

Albus Dumbledore, hired Sybill Trelawney after she made the prophecy to him.

For her protection, and to keep the prophecy a secret.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

N o v e m b e r , 1 9 8 2

The wizarding world was a mess.

While many moaned their losses, many rejoiced with relief.