17.

------> Cordelia Black never regretted anything more than coming to Hogwarts

------> Cordelia Black never regretted anything more than coming to Hogwarts. It felt as if everything she held dear, was taken away from her here.

Cordelia spent everyday, every hour with Lazarus.

There was a lot to talk about between the two. Lazarus answered each and every question that his precious granddaughter had.

Remus had joined them after a few days.

Dora didn't complain, the petty grudge that she was holding long forgotten. After all, Remus would now be her guardian. As Lazarus wanted.

Dora was sent back to her house one night, to get a little rest in a comfortable bed. Despite her protests she was sent back.

And Dora couldn't regret anything more than that, she should've fought harder maybe? But she had no strength at that time.

Remus had apparated to their house and rushed Dora to St.Mungo's.

Dora was unable to accept that Lazarus had finally said goodbye, after a long month and a week, he left her.

"No, no" she rasped weekly, tears swimming in her eyes, but not one escaping.

"The healers need to do something" she fretted, "This can't happen, not now. They said he had more time."

Dora was shaking, the thought of not being with her grandfather in his last dying breath, traumatised her.

"They did everything they could" Remus said, wiping away the escaped tear.

"No, no, but I didn't tell you I love you enough times yet!" She said resting her head against her grandpa's hand.

"Don't leave me please" she whispered in a broken voice.

The next few days, Dora didn't cry at all, she felt numb. It wasn't until Remus informed her that the funeral was taking place in Waterloo did she breakdown completely.

Remus could only gulp down his tears and pat the crying girls back, hugging her to himself.

"He ain't ever coming back! He left me too! Why do they all leave me?" She cried for hours, until she fell asleep.

After the funeral, Dora was informed that the Dallarosa business and all the properties and luxuries were now hers.

Her grandfather had a will prepared before he was admitted to St.Mungo's.

Nodding, Dora acknowledged.

The Malfoy's were informed about the loss. Narcissa had invited Dora over for lunch.

"Oh, I was so worried" Narcissa hugged her niece.

"There's a good reason why Regulus kept you away and that's also the reason he's dead"