70.

The emotions one feels when after he has planned everything and it seems perfect, but then half-way through

The emotions one feels when after he has planned everything and it seems perfect, but then half-way through. He detects a flaw.

How does he go forward? Change the plan? Go with the plan whatsoever....?

Cordelia felt a sigh escape her lips as she strolled around the snow covered village. It was their last Hogsmeade trip before their Christmas holidays.

Harry had been quite frequent with his visits to Dumbledore's office as the holidays approached, he had been somewhat avoiding Cordelia after Slughorn's dinner party.

There was unspoken tension between the two, they had been avoiding talking about Draco and any other heavy stuff. Which is why Cordelia was curious about his lessons but didn't question him about them.

Walking in the Hog's Head Inn, she saw Tonks sitting there.

Tonks accompanied Cordelia and the two had a warm glass of butterbeer, as the dark haired girl contemplated telling Dumbledore about the horcrux.

Cordelia stared off into distance as thoughts swirled in her mind.

What has he asked Draco to do?

Could Draco really have the mark now...?

What was the task..... and the Vow.... was it so dangerous that Cissa had to approach Snape....

Cordelia had half a mind of letting Dumbledore know about the Horcrux.... and without wasting another minute because according to her, things had started falling apart, she hurried back to Hogwarts and upto Dumbledore's office.

"Toffee éclairs" she told the gargoyle the password.

The statue flung aside and let Cordelia walk up the steps that led to Dumbledore's office. Knocking twice, Cordelia waited for a response. But didn't receive any.

Opening the door slowly to an empty office, she stepped inside.

"What do you need?" It was Phineas Nigellus Black.

"Where is Dumbledore?" She questioned the old man's portrait.

"Not here" he said snobbishly.

Cordelia felt dumb for a moment as she stood around in the circular office. What was I thinking!

Cordelia felt like laughing at herself, how could she of all people do this? Come to the old headmaster for help when he most probably knows about stuff she doesn't and more.

Cordelia blamed her panicked and confused state of mind for making her rush to Hogwarts.

I cannot just panic and do things without thinking them through!