39.

Lucius Malfoy apparated himself and his son, Draco Malfoy, to St

Lucius Malfoy apparated himself and his son, Draco Malfoy, to St.Mungo's as soon as Draco stepped down the Hogwarts Express.

The young Malfoy heir didn't know what to expect, he was worried he would have to witness an unconscious girl with a tube down her throat, like his mother had described in her letter.

But to his utter relief, he had to witness no such sight.

Cordelia was sitting upright and talking to his mother.

"Draco" the young grey eyed girl smiled upon seeing her cousin.

"Draco" his mother followed suit, getting up to greet him.

"Mother" Draco sighed, relaxing in his mother's embrace.

"Cousin" he shook hands with Lia, who rolled her eyes at his formal tone.

"How are you feeling?" Lucius Malfoy's not-so-cold voice was heard.

"I'm alright" Lia dismissed with a smile.

"Gave me a scare! The Professors didn't even notice" Draco spat the latter half, annoyed.

"So I heard. Thank you though, had it not been for you-" but she was interrupted when Draco waved his hand in a dismissive manner.

"You're my friend" he shrugged, making Lia smile.

"But what were you doing in the forbidden forest?" Lucius asked curiously.

Lia thought it over, what does she tell them? That she discovered who the dark Lord had sent?

"I, uh" Lia hesitated, wondering if all the three Malfoy's actually knew about Moody.

"I don't remember, I only remember that one of the first years asked me to go to Dumbledore's office. I was halfway there before everything turned black" she told them, with uncertainty.

The three Malfoy's looked at Lia with questioning eyes, not buying the lie she made up but didn't press.

"You- you heard about Diggory?" Draco asked in a hesitant, small voice.

"Yeah, but not much. What happened?" She stated, feigning oblivion.

"He died during the third task, scarface claims the dark Lord killed him. Even Dumbledore announced it in the great hall today" Draco stated with a sneer on his face

"Obviously that's a lie" Lucius drawled, "Dumbledore is making up."

Lia opened her mouth but closed it, not wanting to discuss something like this in a public, where anyone could be listening.

"You were friends with that boy?" Narcissa questioned softly.

"Would you mind if I was?" asked Lia in an equally soft voice.

"No" Cissa smiled.

"Longbottom sent a letter" Draco said picking up one of the letters.

The students at Hogwarts didn't know exactly what happened to the young Black girl, but knew that it was serious enough that she had to be admitted to St.Mungo's.