78.

The next morning Harry had decided to start destroying the Horcruxes

The next morning Harry had decided to start destroying the Horcruxes. He needed to open the box to see which one it was. But destroying those Horcruxes without telling Sirius and Remus about his mission seemed next to impossible. He knew he needed to explain himself before he set out on the mission.

Remus, Sirius and Harry were sitting in the living room as Harry told them about the mission that he has been set on. Remus had to hold Sirius back, who was outraged to listen that Harry had initially decided to not tell Sirius about the horrible mission.

Harry was about to tell Sirius about Regulus' betrayal to the dark Lord and his actual reason of death when they heard  a scream from the kitchen.

Sirius and Remus ran with their wands in hand, towards the kitchen. Harry followed behind them quickly, his strides getting longer when he felt his soulmate mark tingling.

It was her.

With that thought in mind, he skidded to a stop behind the two adults who seemed to be glued in their spot. Harry's smile faded away when he took in the sight before him.

Cordelia had blood coating her left hand and her lfet side completely, a couple of big splotches were staining her white school blouse.

But what was more dreadful was the unmoving elf that lay beside her.

Remus' eyes were comically wide as he looked down at the girl and the elf. Horror swimming inside his amber eyes.

"Lia...." Harry breathed as he stepped forward. But was held back by Sirius.

Cordelia snapped her head up when she heard Harry's soft voice. Tears of happiness upon seeing him again flooded her eyes but they soon turned to those of sadness and horror when she tried to get up. Her hand brushing against the small body laying beside her.

Her stomach was filled with a nauseating feeling when she realised that the curse had indeed hit them. It had hit Billy.

"No" she croaked as she turned her head very slowly towards the elf beside her.

Billy lay there as still as stone his hand clutching Cordelia's skirt. His tennis ball eyes wide open.

"No, no, no, BILLY! Billy!" Cordelia cried as she shook the elf's body.

"Security question, Remus now!" Sirius urged Remus to act out of his tranced state as he struggled to hold back Harry.

"What- what- whom had you kissed when you were 8?" Remus stammered knowing that it was something between him and Cordelia. There was no answer as she continued to cry and shake Billy's body.

"Answer him!" Sirius stated loudly.

"Multiple frogs after listening to the muggle story you had told me!" She cried as she fell back againt the wall, sobbing loudly.