69.

Cordelia sighed as she gave another letter to Luella

Cordelia sighed as she gave another letter to Luella. Addressed to Remus.

It would be hurtful to admit that writing only to Remus wasn't satisfactory enough. She was missing the sophisticated, precise and elegant letters she used to receive with home baked cakes and sweets.

But things weren't the same. The sky seemed too dark to be enjoying a nice sweet cake under it.

Cordelia was really missing Narcissa Malfoy. And the approaching Yule was only adding to the agony. Her brain kept on replaying the memories of her and her godmother preparing for Yule, exchange of letters and advice on wardrobe and decorations.

But today, in particular made her miss the blonde woman more because it wasn't just any other day. It was Cordelia's birthday.

Days had been getting by faster, it seemed as if time was slipping like sand and the sand was clogging the drains and pipes she was used to. She needed to dig in harder to make a hole for her to slither around.

Walking back inside the castle, Cordelia decided to take a detour around the castle.

Outside was too freezing for a casual stroll.

Walking around, she mulled over ways she could maybe approach Draco or write to Narcissa about Yule..... but nothing seemed too approachable.

As she turned another corner, she was a grey figure gliding across.

"Wait!" She ran after the Ravenclaw ghost. Helena Ravenclaw.

The ghost stopped in a corridor with windows on both its side. Cordelia didn't know if Helena did it on purpose, but it was freezing.

"Why shall you always interrupt? Is it not clear that I don't talk to students" Helena said with a haughty expression.

"I was under the impression that you do that to Luna Lovegod" Cordelia fired back.

"Luna is different" Helena was being rather rude for a dead ghost with a dead ego.

"I suppose, very different from Tom Riddle" Cordelia nodded as she feigned innocence.

"Don't take his name!" Helena bellowed as she bared her teeth at Cordelia and zoomed through her.

"Why? So you do know who he is now.... perhaps you also know about where the Diadem is? No living being around has knowledge—"

Cordelia was interrupted by the soft tone of Helena.

"Just as strange and keen. I knew you would be not much different from him, you share a lot of similarities" her voice was soft and different from her usually rude tone.

"I'm well aware, I might be the next Voldemort in making but even for that I need him gone...... and I might need the Diadem for it. Gain knowledge by putting it—" Cordelia rubbed her hands together from the cold, her right hand in the sling.