67.

Cordelia had been invited by Slughorn to his first dinner for his 'Slug Club

Cordelia had been invited by Slughorn to his first dinner for his 'Slug Club.' She had decided to pay some tribute to her surname and dead father. She wore a black dress that Narcissa had gifted her. It was perfect for the dinner.

Slughorn had reserved a seat specifically for Cordelia, beside Blaise Zabini. Upon her arrival, he could not hold back himself, "I was upset to know that another Black was in Gryffindor and not Slytherin. I would have loved to have you in my house Ms.Black"

"I would have loved nothing more than wearing green robes myself, sir"

Slughorn was already showing his favourites and by far, everyone knew that Harry Potter and Cordelia Black topped his list.

The dinner was nothing sort of a surprise for Cordelia, it was rather flamboyant. Slughorn talked quite a lot about himself.

"I started working a little before Albus joined Hogwarts, you know"

The information had peaked Cordelia's interest in attending his dinner's more.

Which is what led to the small conflict between Harry, as a quidditch captain and Cordelia, his chaser.

"All I'm saying is you can make shift the timings" Cordelia tried to reason as Harry kept walking away.

"No, I don't want to attend the dinner" Harry pretended to be deaf to Cordelia's complaints.

"Well as much as you don't want to, I want to!" She yelled at him as she caught up with his pace.

"Be at practice or you won't be a part of the team anymore" Harry had called out before darting away from the girl.

Much to Cordelia's dismay, Harry made her miss the Slug Club dinner due to practices.

But that didn't stop from Cordelia, not attending the Quidditch practice and showing up for another dinner.

She was lucky she decided to ditch practice because Slughorn had invited Gwenog Jones for dinner that night.

Gwenog Jones was interesting and Slughorn praising Cordelia and Blaise's enthusiasm towards quidditch made them appear in her good books.

-

"What is so special about his dinners anyway?" Harry questioned as a grumbling Cordelia walked beside him. He was making her miss another dinner.

"The food" Cordelia replied before she mounted her broom and took off.

Cordelia and Ginny discussed a few formations with Katie Bell, after Ginny had apologised for acting rude towards her previously.

The next day, as Cordelia left her Arithmancy classroom, she knew she had seen a flash of blonde hair disappearing down the abandoned corridor.

She rushed after him but saw no one. Her guess that it was her imagination running wild.