01.

1 9 9 3  ,  A u g u s t

Remus was rethinking the whole ordeal the reason being his former best friend. Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban.

There were "Wanted" posters decorating every wall of Diagon Alley.

It was quite unfortunate and sad for Remus. The escape and the wanted posters made Remus take a trip down the memory lane, not happy exactly.

"Don't overwork yourself" Cordelia whispered from her place, she was sitting opposite to Remus, a book in her hand.

Remus and Cordelia were sitting at the table, waiting for dinner. A book each, in  their hands.

Cordelia read 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them'. In Waterloo there was little about the magical creatures.

Remus had a book 'Advanced Defence Against The Dark Arts'.

"I'm not" Remus replied as he scribbled something down on the parchment. No it was not a parchment, it was a diary with lines drawn on pages, and he had a funny looking quill in his hand, it had no feather, the tip was very small and pointy. The body was long and it didn't need to be dipped in any ink at all.

Remus called it a pen, if Cordelia remembered correctly.

"Look at you. You don't even care that we have chocolate ice-cream for dessert today" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I do care about the ice-cream" he replied without looking up from the diary.

"Remus! I have no one to talk to ever since Granpa left. Is it because of the escape?" She whined a little, not that she would admit.

But it was true, the day Lazarus had left to go back to Waterloo was the very day when Sirius Black had escaped. Remus ever since would barely look at Dora, how could he? She had the eyes that Remus would once gaze into lovingly. Eyes that were prominent to the members of the Black family.

"We do talk"

"No we don't"

"You should read that book of yours" Remus sighed.

The reply annoyed Cordelia. She huffed and trotted away from the table, mumbling under her breath.

Such muggle behaviour was reserved only for a few people. A few people being Lazarus and Remus. Cordelia wouldn't dare do such a thing in front of anyone else for that's not how a pureblood behaved.