68.

The days were passing by in a haste

The days were passing by in a haste. Cordelia tried to think about the horcrux that was laying safely in her cupboard in her home.

A Slytherin locket.....

The young Black tried to figure out what protection did the locket have so strong that even the fang was not able to destroy it.

As she read through another dark arts book, Cordelia saw Harry coming inside the Gryffindor common room. It was rather dark outside.

"Another lesson?" She questioned without any curiosity in her question.

"Yeah....." Harry stood near the couch, as if deciding to either sit and talk or to go up to his room and sleep.

At last, he sighed before sitting down beside Cordelia, his arm around her shoulder as he sat down.

"What was it today?" She questioned as she turned another page.

"They're not really lessons about spells" Harry said softly, his fingers drawing patterns on her soft neck.

"So, then, what is it?" Cordelia questioned with a curious and interested look on her face as she closed her book and slightly turned towards Harry and wrapped her arms around his torso.

Lucky for them, it was dark except for the light up fireplace and most of the people had went up to their dorms, not wanting to torture themselves by staying out their warm beds.

Harry felt his heart flutter and a funny feeling in his stomach when Cordelia kept her head on his chest.

"They're..... memories. About Voldemort and his past...." Harry trailed off.

"Tell me more" Cordelia's voice was soft as she questioned him.

Harry wrapped both his arms around his girlfriend before diving into a deep and detailed description of his lessons. He told her everything he had seen from Mereope Gaunt to Tom Riddle's orphanage. His distaste for anything that was ordinary to everyone. Voldemort's habit of collecting trophies and magpies.

How he was and is, still friendless. Even the most loyal ones don't know everything, he likes to be self sufficient.

"He really wanted to do everything alone...." Cordelia said her observation out loud as she looked up at Harry.

"Yeah..... funny how you're the same" Harry had a smirk on his face, "Too independent... not letting anyone know your plans and doing everything alone..... friendless even"