71.

There were only five people who knew about Cordelia's prophecy, herself included, and one of them was dead already

There were only five people who knew about Cordelia's prophecy, herself included, and one of them was dead already. But the number was once again five when Cordelia left Slughorn's office with a satisfied smirk.

Her plan was quite how a spider entices a fly in its trap.

Flatter it, lure it in with whatever compliments necessary, lay a plan to show that you intend to dine with the fly and not upon it. The fly being naive and getting flushed by all the flattery decided to flutter to the web. Marking her own doom.

But Slughorn didn't really mark his doom when he told Cordelia about his conversation with Tom Riddle.

Slughorn was gullible, not only that but also a little thirty to know more about the Chosen One.

The youngest Black did exactly that. Tell him something of much more importance than Harry being a chosen one. She told him something only Harry, Dumbledore, Remus and Sirius knew of.

"You two are soulmates?" Slughorn whispered, with a very surprised look.

"Yes sir" Cordelia nodded with confirmation.

"Merlin's beard!" He gasped.

"Thank you for your compliance sir, you have my word that I will not say anything to Dumbledore or Harry..... you are free to tell them when you wish to. The conversation, as I said earlier does not change my perspective about you in the slightest" she smiled at him sweetly.

Because I didn't expect much from you anyway, a voice chimed in her mind as she kept her eyes trained on the old Potions Master.

"Thank you for understanding Ms.Black, I always knew Regulus was different than most. In a good way" he nodded.

Cordelia could still feel the effects of the potion, which made her wiggle her shoulders with happiness in the deserted corridor.

Getting Slughorn to talk had taken a lot less time than she had anticipated. It gave her some time to stroll around, as she took the long way to the Gryffindor Tower.

She was walking down the fifth floor when she crossed paths with none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Draco" she whispered as he stopped in his tracks.

The young Malfoy heir turned around as he decided to take another route towards his Slytherin common room.

"Stop! Talk to me please! Draco-"