76.

A girl with dark hair, grey eyes, sharp aristocratic features crossed her arms over her chest and looked away as the boy in front of her admired her

A girl with dark hair, grey eyes, sharp aristocratic features crossed her arms over her chest and looked away as the boy in front of her admired her. Both of them sitting near the Black lake on a sunny day.

When the dark Lord had dived deep inside Harry Potter's mind, he had realised that the chosen one deeply cared for not only his godfather but also the girl that he kept thinking about.

It sickened the dark Lord to his core when he had witnessed what a fool the boy was, a fool in love. The girl had features similar to the women of the Noble House of Black.

But getting a student out of Hogwarts would have been next to impossible with Dumbledore alive, which is why the dark Lord himself had planted the false dream in Harry's mind which had lured him to the Department of Mysteries.

But the very girl had sabotaged his plan. She had gracefully saved not only the blood-traitor Black but also the chosen one when she had begged him to fight against the Dark Lord.

If the dark Lord knew about someone's weakness, he would use it to his advantage mercilessly and Harry Potter himself had let the dark Lord deep in his mind, so deep that Voldemort had learned about Harry's love for Cordelia Black.

When Lucius Malfoy had failed his master and was sent to Azkaban, his family had to pay the consequences. The heir to the Malfoy fortune, was initially ordered to only kill Dumbledore. He was being set up for failure. But when Voldemort had unexpectedly told him to bring the girl to him, he was thorough to make it clear that Draco must not follow in his father's footsteps and disappoint his Master.

By having Cordelia Black in front of him, Voldemort had planned on asking her about the prophecy. Which Lucius had failed to retrieve. He had planned on torturing the information out of her because he knew that Harry, who didn't work in secret, would have confided in the girl he so dearly loved.

The Dark Lord could also use the girl to wound Harry and make him beg for death. By killing the girl, he would weaken the boy and then kill him as well.

The girl at that moment seemed the key to hurting quite a lot people. The Malfoys' included.

The Dark Lord smiled wickedly at himself in his reflection when he thought about all the ways he would be torturing his new prey.

But he was unaware that torturing people also came with consequences and sometimes they could be very infuriating.

-

After her goddaughter had informed Narcissa about why Draco could not kill Dumbledore to save himself, she had broken down crying. Wondering how would she ever be able to save her son from the dark Lord, whom she loathed for making her family suffer. But after learning how the wand was a part of the three Deathly Hallows, she preferred the option of bearing the torture for not completing the task over losing her son forever.