03.

Making use of the 'hot air' spell Cordelia and Cedric had dried themselves

"You'll be sorted before the first years" Cedric informed Lia as they moved towards the grand staircase.

"Alright" Cordelia hmmed.

Cordelia was in awe at the sight of the castle. It was quite good. But the uniform, well it could do better, she thought to herself.

"Here is the great hall, you have to walk up to the front, Professor Flitwick will fill you in with the rules" Cedric informed, once they stopped a few steps behind the huge double doors, which had students rushing in.

"Thank you for your help Diggory" she smiled at him.

"Cedric, you can call me Cedric" he smiled back at her.

It was nothing creepy, but a sweet and friendly smile.

"Alright then, you can call me Lia. I shall see you around?" She mused a little.

"I look forward to that"

The two entered the great hall together, Cedric moved away after wishing her luck, to sit with his friends at the Hufflepuff table.

Dora took a deep breath, before straightening her shoulders and walking towards the front of the hall, where stood a tiny Professor with a four legged stool beside him. They were almost of the same height, the stool and the Professor.

"I am Professor Flitwick Ms.Black," he introduced himself when Cordelia was standing before him.

After a little speech of his, in which he informed Lia about house unity and how once sorted, the person would be a member of that house for the rest of their years at Hogwarts.

Lia's eyes wondered upto the staff table that was a little behind the stool. She caught Remus' eye who mouthed her an 'all the best', she saw the headmaster stand up from his seat.

Amplifying his voice, he began, "We have a new student joining us today" the hall was suddenly very silent, the only noise you could hear was of the rain and Dumbledore, "She would joining the third year students. I hope you all make her feel welcomed and at home here at Hogwarts" he sat back down.

"Black, Cordelia" Professor Flitwick called out.

There was instantly an uproar of whispers, making Lia a little nervous, but she showed no emotion.

Walking up, she sat down on the four legged stool. The old hat was then placed on her head.

Hmm, ah, yes.

She heard the hat talk in her mind?

Ambitious, very ambitious. A thirst to be the best. Hmm, too much like your ancestors, but oh not a bad mind either... hmm you'll be perfect for Slytherin... hmm ooh yes.