33.

Cordelia paid no mind to the Witch Weekly magazine as their potions class went on

Snape caught Harry and his friends reading the Witch Weekly, making them change their seats.

"...you beside Ms.Black in the front Potter" he snapped.

Dora didn't look up at Harry, when he came and set his cauldron and ingredients beside hers.

Snape sat in front of the two.

".....so I give you fair warning, Potter," Snape continued with his taunts, in a sorter and more dangerous voice, "pint-sized celebrity or not - if I catch you breaking into my office one more time -"

"I haven't been anywhere near your office!" said Harry angrily, forgetting his feigned deafness.

"Don't lie to me," Snape hissed, his fathomless black eyes boring into Harry's. "Boomslang skin. Gillyweed. Both come from my private stores, and I know who stole them."

Dora's eyes grew a bit but she played it off by concentrating on her potion.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Harry said coldly, much to Dora's relief.

But Dobby never took boomslang....

"You were out of bed on the night my office was broken into!" Snape hissed. "I know it. Potter! Now, Mad-Eye Moody might have joined your fan club, but I will not tolerate your behavior! One more nighttime stroll into my office, Potter, and you will pay!"

"Right," said Harry coolly, turning back to his ginger roots. "I'll bear that in mind if I ever get the urge to go in there."

Dora watched Snape's eyes flash, before he took out a small bottle of Veritaserum, making Dora look at Harry.

Oh no! Dobby!

But to her relief, Snape didn't get the chance to use it on Harry.

There was a knock on the dungeon door.

"Enter," said Snape in his usual voice.

The class looked around as the door opened. Professor Karkaroff came in. Everyone watched him as he walked up toward Snape's desk. He was twisting his finger around his goatee and looking agitated.

"We need to talk," said Karkaroff abruptly when he had reached Snape. He seemed so determined that nobody should hear what he was saying that he was barely opening his lips; it was as though he were a rather poor ventriloquist.

Dora kept her focus on her ingredients, listening hard.

"I'll talk to you after my lesson, Karkaroff," Snape muttered, but Karkaroff interrupted him.

"I want to talk now, while you can't slip off, Severus. You've been avoiding me."

"After the lesson," Snape snapped.