65.

Things bettered for the four residents of the house situated at 12, Little Blockhurst Farm Lurgashall, Petworth, West Sussex

The four got along better as the summer days went by. It was peaceful and refreshing for once in the madness around them.

Cordelia had decided to worry about the locket later on as she focused her attention on other things.

Harry and her had a long discussion about their differences and it made Cordelia feel even better knowing that the conversation was initiated by the boy himself. It made her heart flutter, knowing he did think about their relationship. About her.

But something had disturbed the two quite a lot.

Harry and Cordelia had been caught sleeping in the same bed, cuddled up and kissing each other quite fiercely often but the sight of Remus shoving his tongue down Sirius' throat had made the two teens shriek and run away from the scene.

"Oh, so it's fine for us to witness you such scandalous acts of you two but you want to shriek and let the whole neighbourhood know about our small moment?" Sirius stated with sass as he placed his hands on his waist.

"Small moment?" Harrh questioned with wide eyes.

"Scandalous?" Cordelia mimicked his expressions.

"Ours is what small moments mean. Yours was scandalous" the two teamed up against the other two Marauders.

"As if!" Sirius gave them attitude as he flicked his hair.

Cordelia had kept the locket safely in one of the drawers in her wardrobe, letting Kreacher know about it's new place before she was to board the train.

-

Harry and Cordelia boarded the train after waving bye at Remus and Sirius. Harry also waved at Molly Weasley and Arthur Weasley as he was joined by Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

Cordelia left them on their own soon after that. She had made up her mind against the prefect duties.

Walking to the first compartment as soon as the train left the station, she handed her badge in and told them about her not being able to continue with her duties and much to her surprise, Draco Malfoy, whom she had failed to spot at the station, did the same after her.

As she went out, she saw Weasley and Granger entering the compartment for their prefect duties.

Cordelia found herself an empty compartment where she placed her owl's cage down and sat down with her Potions book in her hands.

A few seconds of silence had her feeling a bit restless.

Cordelia had gotten so used to feeling the weight of Harry's arm around her all summer that it felt as if she was forgetting something when she was sitting alone.