62.

It had been nearly a fortnight since the end of the term break began and there was not a single owl flying around the house in the deserted part of West Sussex

Cordelia Black had gone without a scrape of news or even a word from her godmother, Narcissa Malfoy née Black. She had been reading the Daily Prophet only in search for a word about how the Malfoy's were doing. But it was of no use.

The breeze was blowing through the grass gently. The dainty flowers seemed to be dancing with the breeze, it was a rather peaceful day and a very peaceful looking yard. But in one corner under some shade, sat a girl, with a basilisk fang in her hand and a locket lying in front of her.

"Once again" she breathed heavily and stabbed the locket only for it to fly away from her and land with a soft thud. The dark haired girl had spent the complete last hour in a similar manner, all in vain.

Cordelia threw the locket a disgusted look before sitting down on the dry grass, her head in her hands. It hurt from the heat.

Why won't it break! She thought to herself as she carefully picked up the locket with the help of a thick piece of cloth and wrapped it around it, before making her way inside.

"What were you doing?" The voice startled her.

Turning around she rolled her eyes when she saw Remus Lupin, her guardian drinking the wolfsbane potion she had concocted earlier.

"Nothing," Cordelia shrugged as she sat down on in a chair, opposite to him, "I'm hungry."

"Lunch is ready"

Cordelia could have asked Remus for help but she didn't trust him enough yet. She doubted that he might run off to his dearest Dumbledore with the newfound information.

Mipsy served Cordelia and Remus some lunch, before scurrying off to finish her melting ice-cream.

"Dumbledore might bring Harry here today. It is up to him, if he wants to come here or go to the Weasley's" said Remus as he age another mouthful.

"Explains why Sirius is missing" Cordelia shrugged.

Sirius Black, after his name was cleared of all charges and he was given the post of an auror, had decided to get a house for himself and his godson. But he wanted to shift in with Remus.

But Remus Lupin couldn't leave Cordelia alone, seeing how she was under his guardianship. The two had a long conversation before coming to the conclusion that Sirius might as well just stay at their house, with them.

Sirius was forbidden to meet Harry, as it may attract a lot of unwanted attention on the boy.

Cordelia finished her lunch and went straight to her room to keep the locket in her drawer. Coming back down, she browsed through the small library they had in their house for a particular book that could her understand the protective shield that was on the locket.