61.

Numb and foolish

Numb and foolish. That's how Cordelia felt when she had woken up in the hospital wing with Harry, Sirius and Remus all sitting around her bed. Talking.

"You could have used the mirror Harry" it was Sirius. Cordelia didn't know which mirror they were talking about.

"I completely forgot about it" Harry replied nervously.

"But why stun you?" He questioned someone.

Lia could only hear their voices, her eyes remained shut. She didn't wish to wake up. She could feel her eyes watering up behind the closed lids at the thought of waking up and facing the world again.

"Everyone was targeting Sirius Harry, she let them believe that they had succeeded" Remus voice was, as usual, calm.

Not being able to go back to sleep or a nowhere land. Lia opened her eyes slowly. Her hand raising as she used it to shield her eyes from the harsh light.

"Oh good you're awake" said Remus as he slowly stood up from his chair.

Sitting up again the bed, Lia kept her eyes on her hands. She had a thin bandage wrapped under her elbow on her left arm.

"How do you feel?" Sirius questioned almost nervously.

"Brilliant" Lia mumbled, not looking up.

"I, uh wanted to say thank you for you know... using your brain" Sirius chuckled.

Brain right.... Lia scoffed internally.

"Really Li, thank you. If it wasn't for you, I think I would've lost him" Harry said as he stepped closer to her bed.

Lia snapped her head at him.

If only he had maybe used his brain!

"Oh, yeah? Congratulations on not losing your precious godfather then Potter" she snapped harshly at him.

Harry couldn't blame her for the outburst. It was somewhere in her nature, but he was taken back nonetheless.

"Sorry" Lia whispered after a few seconds of silence passed away.

"Well, uh" Remus began but was interrupted once again.

"What happened to Kreacher?" Lia directed the question at Sirius.

"Dumbledore believed that it would be better if you're the one who talked to him" Sirius grumbled as he pocketed his hands.

"Right. Fucking Dumbledore"

"Language!" Remus scolded.

There were others occupying the Hospital Wing as well. Ronald Weasley being one of them.

Lia was free to go an hour after she woke up.

Remus and Sirius also left after that. Saying how they'll come and pick up Harry and Lia at the platform.