73.

"It's okay, he'll be fine

"It's okay, he'll be fine. You shouldn't be worrying about what hasn't happened. You got the bezoar and gave it to him.... don't worry about that what if " Cordelia consoled Harry who had been worrying about his friend's well being after Wallenby was poisoned accidently.

Harry sighed but didn't have a reply. Feeling tired as the worry wore off and exhaustion crept in.

Ronald Weasley had been poisoned, accidently, while having a drink with Slughorn and the cherry on top for Cordelia had to be the fact that it was his birthday. She had laughed evilly internally that he got a bit of his karma back. But was also, for the sake of Harry's mental health, glad that the ginger didn't die. It would have taken a toll on his brain and he would have blamed himself to his death.

Seeing that Ron wouldn't be able to play, Cormac Mclaggen had taken up the keeper's position.

At times like these, where either Cormac Mclaggen tried to corner Harry and rant about all the Quidditch strategies that he had in his mind and Lavender Brown trying to talk about her Won Won constantly Harry was glad to have Cordelia by his side at all times. Her glares would send them running away in the opposite directions, but because she was with Harry he was not able to dot on Draco Malfoy as much.

-

The next quidditch game they had was against Hufflepuff but Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Where have you been?!" Ginny Weasley hissed when Harry came rushing towards his team.

"I was following Malfoy and—" Harry's eyes fell on Cordelia's head, she hadn't turned towards him and looked like she wasn't going to spare him a glance anytime soon.

Cordelia clutched her broom tightly after listening to Harry's reasoning. She couldn't wait for the game to begin, but unfortunately for her it wasn't against Slytherin where she could play with brutality and dirty.

The match seemed like a circus with Mclaggen on team. Cordelia held herself back when the urge of pushing Mclaggen off his broom surged inside her. She was gaining Gryffindor goal after goal, but halted when Luna, who was the new commentator, spoke about Harry falling down because of Mclaggen.

Cordelia raced over to Harry who was being gravitated towards the grounds and barely caught him by his quidditch robes as she slowed him to the ground where Madam Hooch sent him away on a stretcher immediately.

The game was over, with Gryffindor managing to win by only 20 points more than Hufflepuff, because they had managed to catch the snitch.

Cordelia dismounted from her broom and advanced towards Cormac Mclaggen, who was boasting about their win as if he had scored all the goals.

"You!" She yelled and punched him in the face, "Couldn't have done a better job as a keeper? You're out of the team!" She roared.

"You're not the captain!" Mclaggen yelled back.