59.

Things had been running smoothly, well as smooth as they could be with O

Things had been running smoothly, well as smooth as they could be with O.W.Ls just 'round the corner.

Cordelia wanted the nerve wrecking experience to be over as soon as possible after McGonagall gave them their time-table for the same.

She had quite a few study sessions with Daphne and surprisingly Blaise, which Harry didn't approve of much. But that didn't stop Lia from studying with Blaise and catching up.

Lia knew she had excelled her exams necessary for her career in the ministry, whereas the others she managed to sail through.

Their last O.W.L was History of Magic.

Lia cursed herself for staying up all night before the exam. Harry had dozed off beside her, but she couldn't.

The nerves and the anxiousness left her restless.

The lack of sleep seemed to be the reason why Lia felt sick as she furiously scribbled on her History of Magic exam in the hall with everyone else.

Answering the questions one after the other eased her nerves to some extent.

Lia had finished her exam before the others.

Lying about how she felt sick, she handed the invigilator her answer script before walking out of the hall. On her way out, she saw Harry sleeping through his exam.

Walking out of the hall with no exam to worry about next was thrilling and felt almost foreign to her.

Cordelia walked outside the tall building for some fresh air. The day seemed better now and she all of a sudden didn't feel sick or even remotely tired.

A few minutes later, she saw a very familiar black owl flying towards her.

"Aleks!" She chirped up.

The black owl perched itself up on the outstretched hand of Cordelia, who looked up at him with a smile on her face.

Untying the letter, she searched her bag for some owl treats, which luckily she did have two of them. Feeding those to the owl, she went back to the Gryffindor common room.

She was certain that the exam must have finished by then.

Aleks had come to her with a letter and a box of sweets she hadn't had since forever.

Going upto her dorm, she placed her bag on the bed and sat down next to it. The sweets, it was hopefully another letter from Grandpa?

Lia couldn't make a move for a moment, the sweets brought back bittersweet memories, as she stared off into distance.

Only when did Lavender Brown came in, was Lia snapped out of her trance.

She unwrapped the packing and a letter did fall out.

Lia picked it up with slightly shaky hands.

The wax seal had the Dallarosa crest on it.

She unfolded the letter as her eyes read though the words, hastily almost.