77.

The cellar was dark and cold

The cellar was dark and cold. Her hands burned as she slowly regained consciousness, not wanting to open her eyes because it felt as if her head would explode into tiny little pieces.

Cordelia panted as she remembered the past events.

After Narcissa had brought Cordelia over to the Malfoy Manor, she was escorted into the cellar downstairs. It had been a week. A week of no food and water but her only comfort for that whole week was that she had not yet been dragged to meet the dark Lord. It was as if she was being kept in the dark. She didn't hear any sounds except the occasional cackle of laughter and cheers of Dumbledore’s death. Narcissa had come downstairs with food and water but she was caught red handed by none other than Bellatrix. Who threatened to report it to the dark Lord, but hadn't yet. Cordelia felt helpless, she was conflicted between trying to runaway or wait for Voldemort. When the day arrived when Voldemort called for Cordelia, she felt weak. It was his plan, to weaken her and then face her. Or that is what she told herself.

She was dragged upstairs by Peter Pettigrew, whom she had reminded countless times that Sirius and Remus were missing him dearly and wanted to meet him and repay their debt. There stood in dark robes a snake like man with red eyes and a humongous snake slithering around his shoulders. He was as terrifying as Harry had described him. But his aura didn't seem the same anymore. Not after reading into his past. There were a handful of his followers present. Severus Snape was one of them.

"This is her" his voice was icy when he spoke as he acknowledged Cordelia. The young Black had her hands tied behind her back as she stood in front of the Dark Lord. She could see her godmother eyeing her with worry, her hand steadily on her own wand in her hand.

"Yes my lord" Severus drawled as he nodded, not meeting anyone's eye as he stared straight ahead at his Lord.