44.

It had been nearly two days since Remus had  gone missing, also known as gone on a task Dumbledore had assigned to him

Cordelia barely left her room, or now a days, her father's.

She had first entered it late at night on the first day of her arrival.

Looking around she saw the dark mark cuttings pasted on the walls, few clipping of news about death eaters and muggle-borns being dead.

The death clippings reminded her of Cedric.

Cedric. Lia left the room soon after.

Her thoughts now consumed by Cedric and his death. How she couldn't be there to mourn at his funeral. The grey eyed girl softly cried herself to sleep that night.

Lia had taken an odd liking to her father's room. She didn't let Mipsy and Billy clean it for her. She looked around at things and red each and every cutting that was pasted onto the wall.

"Cloaked figure"

"Death Eaters leave behind a mark. It's his mark. The Dark mark."

"Another family dead. It was the McKinnon's this Time."

"Cloaked hooded figure"

Lia knew a bit about Voldermot's appearance because of Narcissa.

".... that was the day I decided never to join him. Red eyes, snake like skin."

Lia ignored all the side comments that the Weasley's had for her. It was mainly Ron and his mother.

Hermione sometimes joined in on too.

But that didn't make it easy for Lia. She had no one to talk to, again. She knew bottling it up would only make her explode.

The next day Lia woke up early, walking down to the kitchen she thanked Merlin that no one else was occupying it.

"Mipsy" she called out.

Mipsy came with a pop immediately, standing in front of Lia.

"Miss called Mipsy" the elf said in her high pitched voice.

"Can you make me some breakfast? Uh-" Lia heard some shuffling, looking behind her, she saw Kreacher standing there.

"And some for yourself, Billy and Kreacher" she added.

Mipsy nodded before hurrying to make some breakfast.

"Kreacher brings his mistresses message, she would like to talk to young Mistress Black" Kreature bowed to Lia.

Lia had completely forgotten about the portrait. But no one could really blame her, the ever screeching portrait had gone quiet for the last few days.