8 - Not Friends

* * *

"That took you longer than expected," Coming back after getting himself a glass of water, Tad Ashton Sullen, the Second Youngest Master among the Sullen's four Sullen Young Masters and his younger brother, asked when he finally got back.

"I went to the toilet room as well," Maverick replied with a soft smile. Due to him being an Omega, despite Ashton being a year younger than him, the Young Alpha acted as if he was older than him by a few years. It was cute seeing him being overly protective of him but he admits that it does get out of hand sometimes.

"Hmmn, well I guess we're not going to start this thing anytime soon," Ashton said again with a little sigh looking at their far distance.

"What happened?" Maverick asked, looking at familiar and unfamiliar figures a few meters from where they are standing. From what he is seeing, there's a little commotion involving that person Mo Tian Zi was with and Alexander Jonathan Wood. Maverick frowned a little in curiosity wondering how he was able to meet a nobleman. Looking at them definitely seems like they've been friends for a long time. Maverick could understand the Wood's affiliation with the Mos but the other person who he guessed as an Omega, he's quite not sure how.

"I'm not sure either. Alexander Wood arrived with his partner and suddenly that person approached them. Mo Tian Zi tried to stop him but that person didn't budge," Ashton explained pointing at Fyre who was currently glaring at the nobleman. Well, he didn't really care what happened, he just wants all of this to end. He skipped class just for this and he didn't want this to be moved just by what had happened.

Meanwhile, still glaring at Jonathan, Fyre didn't understand why the Alpha came with a different partner when he could have just gone with Remi. Fyre doesn't belong to the place where the Mos was, but he's here and somehow climbed to the spot of the maid of honor but now they're saying Jonathan couldn't even make his sister his partner?

"Fyre, let us explain," Tian Zi whispered softly holding Fyre's arm. When he told Fyre yesterday about him being a bridesmaid, he forgot the fact that Jonathan was to attend the wedding, as well as one of the groomsmen and his partner, was to be, Margarette, his fiance.

"Jonathan, what's the meaning of this?" The woman still clinging on Jonathan's arm asked with an irritated expression but Jonathan didn't reply, making the angry woman let go of his partner's arm in disbelief.

"Wait, you also knew about this?" Fyre faced Tian Zi this time to which Tian Zi defeatedly replied with a simple nod. Fyre looked at Jonathan and then to Tian Zi again before he finally sighed. He's still angry at what was revealed to him but he will let this go because this isn't the place where he could scream and make a scene.

"Okay. I get it. I'll have you two explain to me later," Fyre said and as if the earlier heavy air disappeared, both Tian Zi and Jonathan sighed a huge relief and smiled. For unknown reasons, it had become automatic to them to prevent Fyre from getting truly angry no matter what. It was just not because of his recessive condition, but it's something else both of them couldn't explain."Hi Dear, is something matter?

" Seeing the four who seemed like they were in a heated discussion, Laura couldn't help herself and finally approached the group and asked if there was a problem. She gently caressed Fyre's back and looked at Tian Zi suspiciously before shifting her gaze to Jonathan who she knew was Tian Zi's childhood friend and Margarette who was the same.

"Oh no, nothing, Auntie. I just didn't know Jonathan was here as well," Fyre replied with his sweetest smile that quickly drew a stunned and almost disgusted look from both Tian Zi and Jonathan because they knew what Fyre's real personality was, and seeing him acting sweet and innocent caught them off guard.