123 - First Man?!

* * *

Waking up from hearing small indistinguishable noises not far away from where he was, Fyre slowly opened his eyes before he softly groaned in discomfort. Waking up after dreaming about his past memories, it was already a given that he'd have cold sweats since the memories he tried so hard to forget had resurfaced in his mind as if it just happened yesterday.

Meanwhile, across the room with their family doctor, seeing that his lover had woken up, Tian Zi quickly dismissed doctor Feng and hastily approached the Omega.

"Oh thank God you're awake, Fyre. Are you okay? Tell me if you feel anything in your body," Tian Zi worriedly asked. He already talked to doctor Feng and although there was nothing wrong with Fyre physically, Doctor Feng was afraid that the symptoms so far might have been caused by a traumatic experience. He couldn't really diagnose the patient with anything for now since the data was lacking but this was what he believed and he had explained and discussed this to Tian Zi.

". . ." Looking at his lover without saying anything, Fyre's tears suddenly started streaming down, making the Alpha panic.

"W-w-what happened? Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor back?..." Tian Zi bombarded not knowing what to do but he wasn't able to finish his words when the Omega suddenly hugged him and bawled even louder. Tian Zi didn't expect that Fyre would suddenly bawl so he was a little confused. Nevertheless, he hugged the Omega anyway and tried his best to comfort him.

"Shhh... it's okay. It's okay, I'm here... I don't know what's happening to you but you're fine now. No one's going to hurt you as long as I'm here. And even if there was, I'm going to make sure that their lives will be miserable, okay?" Tian Zi whispered comforting words, hoping that it would calm the Omega down. He's never been good against someone crying so he's trying his best at the moment. He hugged Fyre even tighter and wished that what he was doing was somehow helping his lover as he hated seeing him like this.

Tian Zi continued to comfort Fyre just like that while he caressed the Omega's hair. Meanwhile, Fyre never let go of the Alpha and continued to sob. He knew all of those memories were in the past and he managed to escape before any worst could happen so he repeatedly told himself he didn't need to continue being afraid of the things that did not actually happen but with his anxiety and depression which was worst back then, his experience had become something traumatic to him. It took him years to get better and he thought his past would not hunt him ever again but he was wrong.

"Zi..." Fyre called after finally calming down a little. He knew Tian Zi was currently confused at what was happening to him so he had decided it was better to tell the Alpha. Honestly, he never thought a day like this would arrive since he had almost forgotten those days but after seeing a photo of Lucien and Apollo together on Tian Zi's computer, he strongly believed his mate would need to know.

"Yes? What is it? Have you finally calmed down?" Tian Zi asked, still worrying as he held Fyre's cheeks and softly caressed them.

"T-That photo on your computer..." Fyre started and immediately his question confirmed the Alpha's suspicions. Before the Omega had fainted, he was looking at his computer which had a photo of Apollo White in his younger days with a friend. At first, he thought that maybe Fyre was just tired, causing him to faint but Fyre's reaction back then was different... it was as if he was afraid of something to the point of fainting. Tian Zi knew it was not Apollo so he figured it must have been the person with the actor but he wasn't so sure. He did try to find out who the man was but after checking, he was clean... so clean that it was suspicious.

"That... I'm sorry. I was trying to find some dirt on that bastard but I didn't know this was going to happen. I-Is the person next to him is someone you know?" Tian Zi apologized and later hesitantly asked, wondering if it would be good to bring it up knowing how just seeing the picture made Fyre faint. He knew for sure Fyre didn't react like that because he figured out he was doing some background check on Apollo or the fact that he had the actor's picture on his computer because that just doesn't make sense. He would have understood if Fyre yelled and kicked him but he didn't, and instead stood there in front of his computer shaking in horror before he fainted. Clearly, there was no other explanation to it except that maybe Fyre knew the person next to Apollo White. But then again, like what Tian Zi had found out, the man was clean.