179 - Laotian x Daniel (5)

* * *

"Whatever happens, you save my wife first," Laotian firmly said with a dangerous tone. If it was other Alphas, offspring would come first but for him, he'd rather lose a child he never met yet than lose his beloved wife. It may sound cruel of him but this is what he felt and the doctors must have felt the tension that they immediately nodded without any questions. Truth be told, even if they weren't told to, they already expected the Alpha would rather want to save his wife first. That's how much he loved him.

The operation had only just begun but it felt like hours had passed already. Knowing that the situation wasn't good, Laotian was worried something bad would actually happen to his wife and his thoughts were making him go insane to the point where he wasn't allowed to enter the operating room with the heavy atmosphere he was giving off to everyone which the Alpha complained to at first but eventually settled down knowing it wouldn't do good if he made a commotion at this sensitive time. He desperately wanted to be with Daniel and be with him in his hardest time but if he disrupts the doctor's focus and hurt the Omega even more, he didn't think he'd be able to forgive himself. Furthermore, he also didn't think he'd handle it well to watch a person cut open his wife's stomach. He was barely holding it in while imagining it, looking at it with his bare eyes would make him go insane.

Minutes turned into an hour, just as he was about to burst the operation room's door open because it was taking way too long for his own taste, Laotian's suffering soon ended when one of the doctors in-charge stepped out removing his mask. He could also hear a soft cry of an infant from the background and that's when he knew his child had been born. A part of him was overjoyed but he still needed to know that Daniel was fine.

He waited for the doctor to speak almost impatiently and he was frustrated that he couldn't tell what the doctor was going to say looking at his expression. So for that small period of time, everything felt like it was going too slow and his ears were ringing at the thought he might have lost the love of his life.

"We did everything we could to save both the mother and child... and they're both fine now. We have also tied down the patient's tubes as suggested. The operation will end soon. Congratulations Mr. Mo," the doctor said and to be honest, Laotian didn't hear any of his words except the fact that his wife and child were fine.

"Thank you, doctor," Laotian only replied as if all the strength of his body had gone to the point where his legs almost gave out. He wanted too badly to go and look but instead, he staggered back to the bench and sighed putting his palms against his face. The operation felt like it would take forever but he was glad everything went well. Once again, he couldn't help but blame himself for all of this because if it wasn't for him, none of this would have happened. The car accident that Daniel had gone through, all of this started at that point. If he was just a bit more proactive, the Omega wouldn't go through such difficult pregnancies every time. Normally, Omegas are natural birth givers but because he has had two consecutive difficult pregnancies with multiples and on top of that being in accidents, his body had reached its limit.

Fishing out his mobile phone out of his pocket, Laotian contemplated whether to call his family or not. At this time, everybody should still be at the party enjoying, he can't just tell everyone and ruin their fun. In the end, Laotian sighed and pressed the number he knew he could count on.

"Father..." Laotian called softly. It was obvious from his voice that he was exhausted so out of instinct, Mo Chendong stepped away from the crowd knowing something must have happened. Also given the fact that he and his wife left the party in a rush and not even telling them.

"What is it?"

"Daniel just gave birth. Although it's early, both of them are fine now. I just wanted to tell you. Don't tell Mother and Hanlu yet, I don't want to ruin tonight's party and I'm sure Daniel won't want that too," Laotian simply said, slightly regaining his composure. At the same time, as soon as Chendong heard his son, he could not hide his concern despite remaining calm.