151 - Mine At Last (3)

* * *

"Paul, you deserve better... I-I'm not someone—" Maverick said, attempting to explain that he's not someone who the Alpha think he is and that his identity doesn't just stop from him being an Omega pretending to be an Alpha because of the family honor but it was his turn to be stopped by Paul. Maverick looked at his lover who now had a smile on his lips but that smile didn't reach his eyes. As if his eyes had lost its glow and closed off all his emotions.

"It's okay. You don't need to explain anything. I know you already have someone in your heart. I'm just happy I get to stay with you like this," Paul assured, it felt like there was a hand tightly holding on to his heart but he held back the pain and tried his best not to show it to Maverick. In the end, maybe love is just really not meant for him. He was hurting so bad. It felt even more painful than when he was rejected by Fyre back then.

"No! It's not like that, Paul... I-I do like you." Maverick said desperately. If Paul was talking about Tian Zi then he was wrong, he moved on already. Besides, the reason why it felt like he had feelings for Tian Zi was because he was the first man who ever extended his hands to help him without asking for anything and judging him. He believed that he mistakenly thought the gratitude he felt for him and thought it was love. Now he knew that it wasn't. He still felt grateful towards Tian Zi and Fyre. This will never change. But now, he was positive that the feelings he had for Paul were genuine.

"I know. As a friend, right? I'm already used to it... Anyway, I think I've already overstayed my welcome, I need to go before you brothers get angry with me," Paul chuckled this time and finally decided it was time for him to go as he stood up. Now that he had seen that the Omega was fine and unhurt, he was satisfied but right now, he just can't stay long after that evident rejection, or else things would just get awkward between them. Meanwhile, seeing Paul already planning to go, Maverick panicked and didn't know what to do. He wanted him to stay longer but couldn't find the worth to say to make him stay.

"W-wait, please. That's not what I mean... I do like you, Paul, not just as a friend. A-and about Tian Zi, I just called him first because I had someone important to tell him... i-it's not because—" Maverick immediately explained but once again, Paul cut him off.

"Mave, it's okay. You don't have to say anything... Now, be good and rest. And if you're still up for it, I can take you on a date again once you get better," Paul said with a kind smile, making Maverick unable to retaliate. In the end, he watched Paul leave the room leaving his words unsaid. Besides, what would he say? That he was fucking men until just recently? No matter how much he wanted to, didn't want the Alpha to misunderstand him, he also can't tell him the whole truth. His whole truth.

'Maybe this is what's best for us. I'm never going to be good enough for him,' Maverick thought as he didn't realize his tears began to stream down his cheeks. When he finally noticed his sobs, confusion invaded his system as he stubbornly wiped his tears.

"S-Stop~ Stop crying~ It's better to stay like this. If you told him, he's gonna leave you for good... s-so don't cry, you d-did the r-right thing, a-atleast this way you get to be friends with him," Maverick mumbled between his bawls while continuously wiping his stubborn tears. He was hoping that his words would somehow pacify him but he was wrong. If anything, it only made him cry even more.

At the same time, struggling to push the man on top of him, tears began to flow from his eyes down to the sides before he finally managed to kick Lucien off with all his might after biting on his lips. His face was covered in horror as he felt disgusted by the sudden kiss. Fyre quickly covered his lips before glaring at the smiling Alpha.

". . ." Lucien licked his bleeding flesh before he burst into laughter. "This is really fun. Are you doing it on purpose?" He added, still laughing. It is obvious that he was having fun despite Fyre's glares at him. He covered his face trying to suppress his laughter but it was useless as he continued to burst like a lunatic. Watching this, Fyre was both terrified and confused before he took this chance to scoot away only to squeal in surprise when his foot ended up being caught and once again pulled towards his attacker.