181 - A Responsible Alpha

* * *

"I told you we can drive our own car," Tian Zi crossed his arms over his chest as he complained. When Hanlu told him that they were going to the hospital later, he was expecting to drive there with Fyre in a different car, but now, Fyre's not even with him and instead with the kids and Ian. He's now stuck with this annoying older brother of his.

"And I told you you can't because I know you'll just be dragging your Omega somewhere. Besides, I have something I have to tell you two but I'm telling you first," Hanlu responded, almost rolling his eyes as well because it's not like he enjoyed being alone with Tian Zi in the car. Of course, he wanted to be with his wife where he can protect and assist him anytime but he couldn't because he needed to talk to the younger Alpha. If Tian Zi was annoyed, then he was too. If it's not because Ian kept reminding him about it, he wouldn't even have remembered.

"Okay then. What is so important that we had to be in a separate car?" Tian Zi said in frustration as he continued to cross his arms, upset.

"Well, it's about Lucien Sky, we captured him long ago," Hanlu casually said and didn't even bother looking at his younger brother even though he wasn't driving. Meanwhile, hearing what Hanlu just said, Tian Zi turned his head towards the older Alpha and gawked in surprise. He and Fyre had been working day and night tracking the man thinking he was that good at hiding but it turns out that the reason they couldn't find him was because he had already been captured?!

"What the actual fuck! Since when was he in your hands? And why have you not told us? We spent countless sleepless nights in order to track him so he wouldn't cause harm to us anymore and now you're telling me you have captured him!?" Tian Zi burst in disbelief. He couldn't believe his brother had kept this from him.

"Relax. He's only been in our hands for more than a week and we haven't told you because we knew you wouldn't agree with our method," Hanlu replied, trying to calm Tian Zi down. Unfortunately, there was no way Tian Zi was going to calm down because he knew all those times when they couldn't figure out where the bastard was, the more anxious and afraid the Omega was. It's taking a toll on his mental health and is constantly depressed especially when he is left alone. It's the reason why he doesn't usually leave Fyre's side unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Fuck! You used Fyre didn't you?" Hearing Hanlu's explanation, Tian Zi cursed before slumping back into the car seat as he guessed. He knew Fyre's the only way to find the man but he didn't want to use Fyre as bait because he didn't want him to be in danger. But now, he figured his brothers think otherwise.

"Yeah," Hanlu just replied. Since he is well aware that Tian Zi was smart he knew he would find out right away what they did as soon as he told him they had captured the man.

"And it's when your wife was giving birth," Tian Zi added again, rubbing his face with his palms. He knew it was weird that day that they were rushed to get back home and to the hospital only to be forced to go out again to buy groceries. And in the end, they didn't even need the groceries that they were asked to buy. And even when they didn't go back to the hospital that day, no one really complained about it. It was suspicious but he ignored it because it didn't really matter but now, it all made sense. For Lucien Sky to show himself, they just needed to show Fyre for a bit and when he takes a bite, they'll corner him.

"Yeah, it was the only way. A guy like that needs to be tied down or else it'll be the reason for our family's demise," Hanlu explained. "We were planning to dispose of him but Dad said Fyre might want to talk to him somehow so in the end, we locked him up," Hanlu added. To be honest, if it was just him, he would have killed the man so the problem is solved but their father had a plan and he respects that.

"Why would Fyre want to talk to that bastard?! It's useless to keep him alive. You should have just shot him dead," Tian Zi growled furiously. He still couldn't forget the fact that the man had hurt his mate and attempted to rape him. Of course, he'd be mad. If anything, he wanted to kill him right now.