54 - Jealousy (3)

* * *

Paul's succession party was a huge success. Although traditionally he was still a little too young to handle such a huge company, he had already proven his capabilities since he was already running a branch back in the UK and it had received countless achievements since its launch a little more than 4 years ago, under his name.

"Thank you so much everyone for coming tonight and celebrating this joyous occasion. Please enjoy the rest of your evening." Paul announced, indicating that the celebration was ending. After the brief announcement, he then went back to his seat where Fyre was together with his parents. There had been a little misunderstanding between Fyre and his parents earlier, but Paul could see that the two were trying to get to know Fyre, respecting his request. Thankfully, Fyre didn't mind as well, so he was no longer worried that the Omega would feel like an outcast when he decided to have them seated together.

"Thank you so much for coming with me tonight, Fyre. I really appreciate it." Paul expressed as he approached Fyre, who was now having a casual conversation with his parents.

"No, it's fine. I enjoyed it a lot too." Fyre replied softly. Although he got too nervous talking to Mr. and Mrs. Hymlyn after the awkward encounter earlier, he was glad that the two were trying, and so far it was going smoothly. The both of them had even apologized and explained their earlier behavior towards him.

"Paul, I think your friend has drank a lot. You should let him rest in the hotel before sending him home. Your father and I will also head back soon after a few more minutes." Mrs. Hymlyn said with a gentle smile, noticing how Fyre had been constantly massaging his temples after drinking one glass of wine.

"Oh no, please. I'm fine. I just got a little dizzy. I'll be fine after a few minutes." Fyre insisted, waving his hand. Ever since that time in Hawaii, he'd avoided alcohol as much as he could, especially in public, but he never really thought that his alcohol tolerance was this low. He only had a glass all throughout the celebration, just to help him loosen up his nerves, but he didn't know it would make him feel dizzy.

"No, Fyre... I think you should rest if you aren't feeling well." Paul said in concern because he knew better than anyone that Fyre was a recessive Omega. If anything happens to him because he's intoxicated, things could get complicated. Fyre said so himself that his body was unpredictable and he could have an attack anytime. It was better to be safe and prepared. As for Fyre, he tried to insist that he was fine, but Paul clearly wasn't going to have that so in the end, he had no choice but to nod. After all, he was indeed already too tired and it had felt like something was off with his body since earlier and it would be too dangerous to ignore it further.

"Okay... I understand. I apologize, Sir, Madam," Fyre excused after a while, receiving Paul's hand as the Alpha offered it to him.

"Don't worry about it. Please go ahead and rest." Mr. Hymlyn said this time with a smile. They still weren't sure whether Fyre was good for their son or not, but so far, it didn't seem to be like he was taking advantage of Paul.

Fyre and Paul finally left after excusing themselves. They used the back door in order to avoid the reporters waiting outside but as they did, Fyre suddenly lost his balance, losing strength on his knees. It was then that he realized something and he cursed internally. He thought it was finally over but now it had come back.

"Fyre, are you okay?" Paul asked as he caught his friend. He wasn't very sensitive to pheromones, so he didn't notice it right away.

"I-I think my heat came back..." Fyre replied helplessly. This had been happening quite often now, he didn't know why and what triggered it but it was really frustrating. Furthermore, his suppressant was no longer as effective as before and he'd have to visit his doctor to help him find a new one.