162 - Haven't Realized it

* * *

"It's pretty late so you two should stay over for the night... You two can stay in Fyre's old room. Jules and I always made sure to clean it so rest assured, everything's prepared since the moment we learned you two were coming," Mrs. Long said happily which Fyre and Tian Zi agreed to. Truthfully, there was a huge mansion waiting for them to stay in, but declining such an offer would be rude. Fyre also knows how much his parents missed him so how couldn't say they're going to leave already even if they were planning to stay in his hometown for the next three days to rest and relax for a while before going back to their hectic schedule.

They've been avoiding it for more than a week now simply because they both didn't like attention. Luckily, Fyre had his heat so they had a reason not to address it for now because it was much more draining for them than dealing with a psychopath.

"Thanks Mom, Zi and I will stay then," Fyre smiled, causing the middle-aged woman and her husband to be ecstatic since they probably thought they wouldn't stay. Fyre just smiled at his parents' reactions before they finally said their goodnights and hugged each other.

Meanwhile, finally inside his room, Tian Zi looked around and was in awe even though there was pretty much nothing in the room aside from a bed, closet, and study table. Still, he could imagine how the young Fyre sat on his study table to study and lay down on his bed when he's tired for the day. Tian Zi wished he could have seen it himself but alas he couldn't. In this instance, he wished his older brother's made-up story were true because if they were truly childhood friends, he would have grown up with Fyre and he would have seen him when he was young. He would have hung out with him and it would have been wonderful if that was true.

"Hey, what are you looking around at? This room had nothing special at all," Fyre frowned at his lover. He was still upset about the Alpha looking at his family album despite relentlessly telling not to but then again, he can't blame Tian Zi since he had seen his too. This would just make them even, although he was quite upset since he had not let anyone see him when he was young and dressed as a girl.

"No way! This room is filled with your memories, I can even smell your faint scent in here. It just proves that you stayed here a lot when you were younger... At times like this, how I wish older brother Hanlu's story was true," Tian Zi said. There was a lot he wanted to say but he halted his words not knowing how his lover would react to his words.

"I've been gone half of my life, how can there be my scent left here!? You must be imagining it," Fyre blushed. While he must say Mo Hanlu's story was like a fairytale, a part of him also kinda wished it was true. Unfortunately, it simply wasn't.

"I might be imagining it but that aside, if we grew up together I would have seen you wearing cute bows and dresses," Tian Zi added with a teasing manner that Fyre's blush immediately faded as he glared at his lover. Tian Zi felt bitter that this unknown kid named Martin had seen Fyre's precious past but he won't dwell on it now since Fyre is already his and soon will become his wife forever.

"Y-You!" Fyre gritted furiously as his blushed returned, but as if the steam inside his head dissipated, he sighed and crossed his arms. "You're going to sleep on the pull-out bed tonight," Fyre suddenly said, which immediately shocked the Alpha.

"W-Wha? Hey~ the bed's huge enough for the both of us though..." Tian Zi complained while looking at the bed. Even though it was indeed smaller than they usually shared back at home, if they stay close to each other, the bed's huge enough for the both of them. Why does he have to sleep on the pull-out bed? He just teased the Omega a bit but he did not expect to deal with a punishment right away. That was so unfair.

"What are you saying? The bed's clearly not enough for the both of us so you're gonna have to deal with the pull-out bed," Fyre insisted scoffing. He originally had the same thought with Tian Zi about sleeping in the same bed but he's feeling petty so he changed his mind. How dare Tian Zi tease him about something he didn't want to remember again.