137 - Kidnapped! (2)

* * *

After calling his personal contact from the police force who he thought could help him, Paul drove his car in the direction he remembered the kidnappers went but from there he had no idea where to go. The person he contacted asked him to stay calm and not attempt to follow as it would be dangerous but he really can't just do that when he let all of this happen right in front of his eyes. So even though his head was still throbbing in pain and blood kept on gushing out from his wound, he couldn't let himself just sit in his car and wait for help. If possible, he wanted to rescue his lover as soon as possible.

"Dammit!" Paul cursed again as he punched the steering wheel before pulling over to the side of the road. He pulled his hair in frustration. Aside from the police, the only person he knew who could help him track someone a little bit faster was Fyre but the Omega wasn't picking up. Well, that was to be expected since it was already late and Fyre had been quite busy with his work recently so he also just can't blast his phone until he's answered. Additionally, friend or not, Fyre has no obligation to help him so he simply could not bother him, especially this late at night.

Once again Paul sighed in frustration. Since he had no idea where to start, he had no choice but to visit Maverick's place where his brothers and grandfather are currently living. Obviously, as Maverick's family, they needed to know what had happened as well. They might get upset with him for letting this happen to Maverick but he will take all that because it is true that he wasn't able to protect the Omega while with him.

At the same time, shaking in fear, Maverick silently cried after he was thrown into a dark room. His hands were tied and his eyes were covered. He didn't know exactly what was happening but he knew for a fact that this incident was related to his acquired freedom since he heard his captors discussing how their operation was supposed to be canceled but their superior still asked them to capture him, who was the cause of their organization's almost downfall.

". . ." Maverick squeezed himself at the corner as if doing that would somehow help him. Who would have thought his night would end this way? He was enjoying his time as always with Paul when suddenly all of this had happened. Ever since he went back, nothing but good was happening to him so he thought he'd finally be happy even though his relationship with Paul was not necessarily out of love. But both of them tried to be happy and were successful in such a short time.

Of course, at first, things didn't go as smoothly as they planned as both his brothers and grandfather opposed his sudden relationship with Alpha, considering his past relationship with both Daniel and Daniella. The same with Mr. and Mrs. Hymlyn. It's clear that they didn't want to do anything with the Sullens any longer but after a week of persistence, Maverick and Paul continued to hang out ignoring their family's rejection and they truly enjoyed their time.

'Is this going to be my end?' Maverick thought as he tried his best to suppress his bawls. He had been through a lot of dangerous situations in his life but he had never felt like his life was going to end like he's feeling right now. He saw how his captors hurt Paul earlier like he was nothing so Maverick was so sure that if he tried to resist even just for a bit, killing him would be as easy as breaking a toothpick. At this point, he had no choice but to accept his faith since there was nothing much he could do. And depending on his captor's plans, even if help arrives it might be too late for him.

'I-If it is... I hope my brothers and grandfather won't get too sad... Paul too...' Maverick thought again but later he laughed at the thought of Paul. Well, the Alpha might become sad but he believed he'll easily move on since it's not like the Alpha have feelings for him. Their relationship isn't in that kind of way. So for sure having him gone like this would mean nothing to him at all. After all, they were just two people with broken hearts trying to find happiness with each other. Their relationship was nothing but business and they just surprisingly got along.