142 - Everyone's an Idiot

* * *

"I understand and I'm sorry, I was not in my right mind and just did that without much thought."

He had been holding back for quite a long time now because he couldn't think about love with the situation of his family. He just couldn't afford it but he had always liked Fyre, maybe it started that night when the Omega got drunk and clung to him. It was an unexpected attraction he had towards the helpless Omega. Since then, he could not count the many times he wanted to confess and hold Fyre into his arms like he just did but it's too late now. Now, Fyre belongs to someone else.

But then again, he was not allowed to regret his decision because he made a choice between his happiness and selfishness or his family... and he chose his family. He chose Maverick and Ashton, his beloved brothers who were with him through thick and thin. Of course, it pained him to know that he had lost his chance to be with Fyre, but in the end, he was still happy that he chose what he chose. Besides, even if Fyre may no longer be available, his feelings towards him did not change and probably will not for a long time.

He knew because he tried to stop his feelings but it was useless. He didn't even understand himself. It's not like he had not seen women or Omegas even more outstanding than Fyre but his heart just wouldn't budge. At first he laughed at himself for having such unrequited love at his age but in the end he couldn't help it. Now he knew the heart can't be swayed like the brain. Back then he thought he didn't care if he was to marry someone for the family but now as long it would bring harm towards Maverick and Ashton but now, he couldn't even bring himself to go on the blind dates that their grandfather had arranged for him.

"Zi, calm down, okay? A-Anyway, let's just focus on finding a way to find Maverick as soon as possible. We don't have time to argue like this," Fyre tried to ease his lover since a simple hug wasn't really a big deal so there was no need to overreact.

On the other hand, he might be overreacting, but Tian Zi absolutely hates it, especially when he could tell from the way the fellow Alpha looked at Fyre. He was certain that he had feelings for the Omega and Fyre just didn't have any talent at all to know since he's too dense for his own good. He's too vulnerable and thinks a hug from an 'Alpha' friend is okay when it's not! No, it's really not because an Alpha and Omega can never be just friends. Accidents are bound to happen. He could testify to it because, in the end, he fell in love with Fyre when he did not plan to ever fall in love at all. And while he trusted Fyre to not cheat on him, he didn't trust other men or women at all.

It's better to be safe than sorry. That's also why he was particularly but secretly delighted when the reporters took photos of him and Fyre in the car yesterday since because of it, they will soon announce the truth about their relationship. It will damage the market strategy for the movie but their revelation might intrigue many people and cause reverse psychology. It's a risk they would take in order to kill all the rumors about Fyre's supposedly scandalous dating practices.

"Tch. Fine. Only because you said so, but I won't be able to tolerate it the next time he does it," Tian Zi scoffed as he crossed his arms.

"Xiao Zi, Fyre's right. Let's focus on finding a way to better locate Maverick's location. Now that we know how Gabriel is doing, how about we all work together to solve the situation." Laura Mo, who was all this time listening and afraid that a fight might break out, finally interrupted as she stepped in. Meanwhile, Daniel who just arrived quickly understood the situation and sighed now knowing that he just misunderstood. Although he was still curious what had actually happened, he was quick to move on.

"You're right. I just talked to Paul as well, he's doing all he can to help," Daniel mentioned but the second Paul was mentioned, Joaquinn twitched a little, as well as Ashton who remained silent all this time. It's not that they didn't know the Alpha's effort and they do understand that it wasn't his fault that this had happened but they warned Maverick not to hangout with him at all because it wouldn't be good for their reputation. Paul was already known to be their cousin's ex-fiance, even before that, he also had a four year relationship with Daniel. It wouldn't be good for the public to know that he's now also dating Maverick who just recently came out as an Omega.