57 - Let's Just Be Friends

* * *

The next day.

Since Tian Zi usually woke up early in the morning to do some light exercises, he shifted from his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes, still a little dazed from his deep slumber. A brief flashback played in his mind and he almost jumped off the bed if not only for a certain person lying next to him. As soon as his eyes laid on Fyre's sleeping figure, Tian Zi's heart almost immediately leaped out of his mouth and a blush quickly made its way to his face.

The question he'd had for a while now, every time he felt annoyed when Fyre was with other men, suddenly popped in his mind like a light bulb and his mouth slightly dropped open for a quick moment before he closed it and gulped, still stunned.

"Fuck." Tian Zi cursed softly clutching his chest, trying to make it stop from jumping up and down. He never thought that this kind of feeling would hit him one day, that to some point it annoyed him but at the same time made him feel happy, excited, and somehow, despite not fully accepting it, he didn't want to lose it either.

The images of the last night's activities all of a sudden flashed in his mind again and his blush turned darker as his heartbeat continued beating painfully. The pain wasn't agonizing but it was uncomfortable enough for him to not ignore it. Everything was a lot clearer now; why he was so fixated when it came to Fyre. He thought it was all because he had treated the Omega as his friend but now, it was clear to him that it wasn't just that and it had taken him years to realize it.

Tian Zi glanced at Fyre again, and he knew for sure that none of this had ever made him feel regretful. He hated the idea of becoming lovers with someone but with Fyre, he actually thought it wasn't such a bad thing. Looking at his brothers who he looked up to until now so madly in love with their wives annoyed him a lot so he'd promised that he wouldn't be the same. But he was frustrated to think that at this moment, he felt like he understood his older brothers, although it wasn't like he was madly in love with Fyre—or so he thought he wasn't. He wanted to punch himself so badly for feeling so conflicted between his resolve and desire.

"Am I going crazy?" Tian Zi once again mumbled to himself, pulling on his own hair shocked at his own thoughts. Back then he was so determined to live out his whole life as that cool single uncle to his nieces and nephews but now he was already thinking of a future with Fyre and it made him even more frustrated because it actually didn't sound so bad in his opinion. It was like something had corrupted his mind for thinking so differently from his original plan.

While still in his dilemma, because of his light movements, Fyre shifted in his sleep. Tian Zi's heart began to pace faster again thinking that the Omega might wake up, but later he felt relieved that Fyre didn't. But it was only for a brief second as he soon watched the Omega suddenly sit up, as if waking up from a nightmare.

"Urgh..." Fyre groaned, massaging his temples. The pain he was feeling all over his body was excruciating but the fact that Tian Zi was beside him now was what made him have a headache. The memories of last night's event came rushing to his head like an angry tidal wave and he couldn't believe he actually did such a thing. For sure he was in heat but he was positive that he was still able to think straight at least. If he'd wanted to, he could have run away. But he didn't, because deep inside knew that he liked it. He was more indulgent when it came to his emotions during heat and he was thankful that all this time nothing had happened to him. But he also knew that someday the leash he put on himself would snap. However, he didn't think it would happen last night after so many years.

"Uhhm. Is your body okay?" Tian Zi asked awkwardly. This was the first time he'd had sex with somebody and he didn't know what you were supposed to do the next day after waking up together in a bed.