75 - One Week In

* * *

Two days had passed since then and Elder Sullen had finally gained consciousness. Although the shocking news about drugs, corruption, and slavery was still a huge topic in both television and social media, everything seemed to have come back to normal for the Sullens. There were a couple of changes at hand but finally, everything seemed to have come out on the surface. Unfortunately, the issue wasn't resolved but all of them decided to live with it and let time heal their wounded hearts. In the meantime, the three young masters of the Sullen household are now staying in a different place together with Elder Sullen who had decided to stay with them for good. News had also come out about the shares of the Sullen Corporation being shared among the three siblings giving them each 10% shares from their initial none, leaving Daniel Sullen Mo 25% and still making him the largest shareholder by 15%.

As for Gared Sullen, after his talk to the Elder, he was asked to restrain himself from seeing his father for the time being due to the Elder's emotional fluctuation that could potentially endanger his life. Gared was against it at first but he ended up agreeing to it, having no choice because, despite his hate, he still does care for the Elder. The same with George, who also decided to avoid the Elder after apologizing for his mistakes and also so his older brother wouldn't think that their father was being biased. He no longer wanted to argue so as long as their father was fine with the brothers—Joaquinn, Maverick, and Ashton—then he's fine with that.

Of course, the Mos aren't actually involved in this so they were just happy that everything has settled down. Fyre and Tian Zi were back to their normal lives and they were actually planning to visit the Mo estate one of these days since it seemed like it was the right time to finally announce their relationship. In fact, Tian Zi was planning to do it sooner but Fyre decided to move the schedule due to his prior commitments.

"Wait, what!? Why are you seeing that man? Can't you just cancel it and hang out with me instead? I don't like that man," Tian Zi pouted as he complained, looking at Fyre who was across him in concern. They are currently at Fyre's place and they were leisurely sitting on the only two chairs the Omega had in his small dining table. Tian Zi was snacking on some scones Fyre made for him when he heard his lover was going to meet Paul Hymlyn in the afternoon.

"But he's my friend, he helped me a lot in the past. Even though he made a mistake, he's a good guy," Fyre replied with a frown. He understood that Tian Zi was jealous of Paul, it wasn't that difficult to notice that now that he had opened his heart and to be honest he felt kinda happy about it but he can't just ignore and stop being friends with Paul just because his lover doesn't want to. He needed Tian Zi to know that he couldn't simply cut the Alpha off. Hearing his argument, Tian Zi silenced as he continued to look at Fyre who also returned the stare before the Alpha finally sighed in defeat and stood up walking close so that he was standing next to Fyre who was still sitting on the chair.

"Fine! Then can I come too? There's nothing wrong with me going too, right?" Tian Zi pressed, and Fyre just groaned before reaching out to hold both of the Alpha's cheeks, making him stand and tiptoeing in the process. The frown on Fyre's face slowly disappeared and was eventually replaced with a gentle and somewhat helpless smile.

"I'm not meeting him alone, his parents are also there. Paul had been through a lot because of what had happened years ago and his parents were happy that despite that, I remained friends with their son. Zi, Paul and I are really just friends. There's no need for you to worry, okay?" Fyre explained softly but Tian Zi was still not buying it, dropping his face against the Omega's neck.

Truthfully, he could see that the two are just friends but that does not mean that Paul Hymlyn won't soon fall for Fyre, especially when the Alpha volunteered as the Omega's partner back then. He did not forget the way the fellow Alpha looked at his lover as if he was almost shocked to even volunteer as a suppressant replacement. The way Paul acted back then reminded Tian Zi of himself when he was still confused as to why he kept yielding to Fyre and why he didn't want him to get hurt or uncomfortable. Why he was so worried for the Omega's welfare and why he kept looking for his company. It was all because he liked Fyre and he didn't want another one feeling the same way for the Omega. He wanted to be the only one who would love him with Jonathan as an exception because he knew his friend wouldn't betray him.