44 - Better With a Frown

* * *

Mr. and Mrs. Long rushed to the hospital and as expected they were heartbroken when they saw their only daughter's cold body covered with a thin piece of clothing. No mother and father wished to bury their children so the whole time when Tian Zi, Chendong, and Laura talked to them, they were both crying in sorrow. They heard the news about Remi and Fyre for the past weeks and they were glad that both their children were doing great.

All this time, they didn't try to pressure the two to come back home because as parents, they didn't want to burden their children with their poor background but they never thought this was going to happen especially when Remi called them days ago that she was going to come home and she will be bringing Fyre with her.

But earlier, they just received a call that Remi had been caught in an accident and died? That's just too much to bear. Alas, there's nothing they could do about it but accept reality and try to move on. Along with that is the fact that Fyre still refused to see them personally. It broke their heart furthermore but both Mr. and Mrs. Long are very understanding parents so no matter how saddened they were, they respected Fyre's decision. Additionally, they both knew that Fyre was very close to his sister so knowing that Remi had died, the poor Omega must've been feeling the same as them, perhaps much worse.

In the end, there's not much they could do about it except asking for a simple request. No matter how shameless it may seem of them, they could only ask Tian Zi, Chendong, and Laura to take good care of their son during his pain and to pass on a message that whenever he was ready, both of them have their arms wide open for him when he comes back. They weren't the greatest parents in terms of providing but they have raised both Remi and Fyre with love and care. They gave them everything they could and taught them what was morally right and wrong. They've raised them mentally and physically strong so they believe Fyre can move on from this just like how they will try to move on as well.

With that said, because the whole situation was an accident, there was no need to open a case to the court. Mr. and Mrs. Long learned about the whole accident and wished to pay a visit to Jonathan but since the Alpha was still unconscious due to his surgery, they decided that it was best to do otherwise. Their daughter has now died, there was nothing that connected them to the nobleman so instead, they asked Tian Zi to pass on a message once more, just a simple thank you for taking good care of their daughter and loving her even though it was just a short while.

That day, Mr. and Mrs. Long decided to have the funeral in their hometown so they made arrangements to have Remi's body taken back home. The funeral would last a week, this would give time for all friends and relatives to pay their respects and to also allow time for all necessary papers before her body was laid to rest.

* * *

Four days after the accident. Fyre was still admitted to the hospital due to his recent alarming behavior. He wasn't eating and sleeping properly. He was showing signs of extreme depression and that was slowly taking a toll on his already small body. Everyone already visited him trying to make him feel a little better but it was all useless. It's like he completely shut himself and no one could ever get through him as he was unresponsive most of the time.

Tian Zi was very worried and chose not to leave the Omega's side for as long as he could. He was even tempted to call upon a psychiatrist to help the Omega cope up but he decided not to because he didn't want the situation to worsen although he promised himself that once this got out of hand, he would quickly call upon someone. Thankfully, even though the Omega was currently emotionally unstable, he would still try to eat a little and would still manage to rest after many hours of silently crying.

"Ohh, is he asleep? I brought more fruits for the two of you to snack on. Daniel and Ian prepared it for Fyre since they couldn't come and visit today." Laura chanted softly not wanting to wake up the Omega. Walked in with her were her helpers each carrying a bug basket of fruits and upon signal one of them headed to place one to the table. Actually, there's still more food from the last time but Tian Zi didn't complain and instead just greeted his mother by kissing her on both of her cheeks.