172 - Hanlu x Ian (1)

* * *
"Xiao Luu, don't you think Fyre and Xiao Zi's taking too long with the errand?" Laura Mo asked while tidying up some things in the room since she had the chance and needed something to distract herself from all the excitement with her first granddaughter. She wanted to see her soon but she can't be the first one to see her when Ian hasn't even woken up yet.

"Hmmm, you're right. I called Xiao Zi over more than an hour ago but they still haven't arrived," Hanlu confirmed and quickly fished out his mobile phone to check if maybe he had missed a text, and as soon as he did, there was indeed a text coming from the younger Alpha. Hanlu read the brief message without a thought and shrugged his shoulders.

"*sigh* Xiao Zi texted me that he and Fyre had gone back home. They'll come back later if they can, if not they'll visit again tomorrow," Hanlu reported, thinking about what could have happened.

"Oh, did something happen?"

"Didn't say. I'll call Flinn and confirm," Hanlu replied and this time went ahead and called Tian Zi's residence before it soon connected. The conversation with Flinn was short but since he had confirmed that the two had really gone back home, he nodded his head and thanked the butler before ending the call.

"Well, they did come home and there seems to be nothing wrong except that Xiao Zi ordered not to disturb them and locked themselves in their room as soon as they arrived," Hanlu said again, knowing what this meant but honestly, even though he was happy that the two were getting along pretty well, he was a bit upset that his little brother wasn't half as excited as him with his niece. Well, yes it's his baby, but he wanted the younger Alpha to give attention to her too.

"Oh really? That's nice. They're getting along just fine these days. Maybe because the wedding's coming up... Hmmm, okay just let them be. They'll come here when they want to, besides we can all host a family gathering soon after this," Laura replied happily. She was really worried because of what had been happening recently but after hearing from Hanlu what the two were doing, she was relieved that there seemed to be nothing wrong. Furthermore, she had already seen the interview Tian Zi did earlier and she couldn't be any more proud. She thought she'd forever worry about Tian Zi because they had spoiled him too much but she guessed wrong as she had raised him well after all.

"Tch. How dare he ignore Lizzie..." Hanlu mumbled, clicking his tongue. He definitely won't let him be and will find a way to punish him somehow.

"It can't be helped. You can't expect your brother to be excited with our Lizzie. You know he doesn't like kids..." Laura shook her head, watching Hanlu getting upset but the Alpha should know, Tian Zi was never the kind to swoon over a baby. It was the same when Laotian's children came, so no matter how cute and adorable the baby was, Xiao just wasn't interested. But of course, that doesn't mean he doesn't care. He just doesn't want anything near babies.

"Tch. He should start liking them then because he'll soon have lots! I'm cursing him to have triplets! It's the least he could do for ignoring my Lizzie," Hanlu scuffed, crossing his arms over his chest, making Laura sigh in frustration. She was glad that Hanlu settled down a bit when he married but in the end, he was still the old Hanlu that they know.

Hanlu was still rumbling about Tian Zi and how he was helping him way too much without being recognized when suddenly he heard a very soft voice coming from Ian's bed and so before his brain could even process it, his body was already walking towards his wife. Laura didn't hear the voice as she was in deep thought thinking about how her second son had not fully matured at all despite now having his second child, she gasped in surprise that Ian had now woken up. It hasn't even been six hours since the baby came out and now he's awake.

"Luu~" Ian called softly. Suddenly covered in cold sweats when he finally opened his eyes. His whole body was in pain and it refused to follow his command but despite that, he forced himself to wake up.