49 - Awkward Silence

A/N: As always, visit my YouTube Channel for 2 more chapters. Link on my bio.

* * *

Woken up in a dim-lit room, Maverick instinctively touched his bandaged neck, feeling a throbbing pain and a little dryness in his throat. He briefly recalled what happened to him and he sat up and looked around the room he was in. He quickly realized he was in one of the guest rooms at Mo Tian Zi's house, remembering that he'd asked the Alpha for help out of desperation of his current situation. Now, he slightly regretted it; but then again, he didn't have anyone else to help him. The only other friend he knew was Fyre, but he didn't know where he lived or his contact information. He also felt guilty about what he'd done in the past. After all, until now, he still hadn't cleared it up and apologized properly for it.

Maverick inspected his body and he sighed again. He knew the doctor would have probably told Tian Zi about his other bruises, aside from the ones he had on the neck and face. As much as possible, he hadn't wanted to say it because he'd felt ashamed of himself. It had been his choice to sell his body and maybe, just like his father said, part of him had enjoyed it. Part of him craved it because he was an Omega. That it didn't matter if he quit or not, he was still the person who chose to whore himself out for the benefit of his family.

He'd chosen this path and he didn't have anyone to blame except himself. Of course, a lot of the time he regretted it. He had been 19 and had fallen into the hands of the wrong people. For years he had this in his mind, slowly draining him, ...and finally, he had enough.

'I guess I can thank Father for making me realize that I could have said no to those people.' Maverick thought and briefly laughed at himself. He didn't have any tears to shed anymore for this because every night he'd cried, and he was now all dried up. Each time someone used his body, he'd just remind himself that it wasn't a big deal, that he was just someone who was trying to survive. It wasn't a big deal at all. Alas, it did matter and it was breaking him inside, but there was nothing he could do about it. For now, he just wanted to hide away and escape reality.

The tears that he thought had dried up started accumulating in his eyes while his nose began to run. He sniffled softly not wanting to cry about this again.  Thankfully, before his tears started to betray him, a sudden knock could be heard from the door, then it slightly opened and a short maid softly came in. She didn't think that Maverick was awake at first, so she was a little surprised to see the patient sitting up on his bed with the lights still off. They'd made sure to tell him earlier that he could use the remote control on his side table to turn it on or off.

"Ahh... I'm sorry. I didn't know you were awake, sir. I was about to wake you up for dinner. The Young Master had us prepare a meal for two. He has requested that you join him now at the dining table, if it isn't too much. He also said that if you didn't want to, you didn't have to force yourself as well." the maid conveyed gently as Maverick quickly wiped his eyes and nodded.

"It's okay. I'll go and eat dinner with him. Thank you." Maverick replied. He slowly got off of the bed to follow the maid, who then led him to the dining room. When he arrived, he found Tian Zi was already at the table and waiting for him. As soon as Tian Zi saw Maverick he stood up, urging the Omega to come. Seeing Maverick's face again and the bandage around his neck, he felt bad for him.  He was now contemplating whether or not he should ask again about what had happened to him or if he should just let it be so that he wouldn't force Maverick to recall the bad memories.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I asked the chef to serve him best. I hope you like it." Tian Zi said with a faint smile while Maverick also responded with a smile and went to his designated seat.

"I don't mind. I'm not a picky eater. I'm also sure you have one of the best chefs in the city working for you." Maverick chuckled a little. But he was right, because unlike the Omega, Tian Zi is a picky eater so it was a necessity for him to hire the best he could find.