94 - Didn't Have Anyone to Blame

* * *

The next day, Fyre woke up early as usual. It had been like that recently because he usually sneaks out of the Alpha's room before anyone wakes up so that no one would see him. Of course, today wasn't different. There was nothing wrong with him staying in the same bed with Tian Zi because they are now engaged but he was still embarrassed about being found out so he might do this for a while before he becomes more comfortable.

Fyre sat up a little to look at the peacefully sleeping Alpha next to him before he smiled, lightly pinching his nose.

"Good morning, birthday boy," Fyre whispered before laying back comfortably closer to his side. And as if awake, as soon as he felt the Omega's body, Tian Zi's arm unconscious dragged Fyre closer to him making Fyre giggle. He found the small action cute and planned to sleep a little more seeing that the sun hasn't fully come down yet when he heard the Alpha groan and later woke up.

"Are you leaving already?" Tian Zi asked. He sounded like a child who was about to be abandoned as he immediately sat up rubbing his eyes. Seeing this, Fyre didn't have the heart to just leave. After all, today was the Alpha's birthday, he didn't want him to start the day feeling down but of course, he also couldn't resist trying to tease him.

"Yeah, it's the next day already. I have to sneak out before everyone wakes up," Fyre said, chuckling when he saw how Tian Zi's already solemn face dropped even more. In the end, Fyre couldn't help it and finally burst into laughter and later softly giggled. If he hadn't just woken up and still had his morning breath, he would have pulled the Alpha into a kiss. Fyre secretly chewed on his lips, it's a way for him to keep his smiles from further showing up. Recently he had been smiling a lot and so he unconsciously developed a habit of constantly biting his lips. He couldn't stop it and it just naturally happened. Sometimes, he hated it because it looked like he was asking for a kiss... well sometimes he was, but most of the time not.

"They wouldn't mind anyway. I'm telling you, they'd like it more if they see us together," Tian Zi explained like a hundred times already and he was right. Fyre had no idea how his words were right. Although he hated the main reason why his family preferred him to stay in the same bed as Fyre, it's not like he was against it now either.

"And I'm telling you I'm not used to it yet."

"Fine! Go ahead then..." Hearing his lover's reply Tian Zi pouted and decided he would act upset hoping that the Omega would pity him and stay longer with him. Unfortunately, Fyre had another plan as he got off of the bed.

"I'm going out for a walk though, it would be nice if I have a strong Alpha that would protect me this time," Fyre chanted which immediately made Tian Zi twitch and without a second, jumped off of the bed as if he did not just act pitiful just now.

"Let me just wash my face and mouth," Tian Zi said and quickly rushed to the bathroom. He briefly disappeared before his head popped out at the doorway and looked at his lover.

"Wait for me, okay?"

"I'll wait for you outside," Fyre just chuckled. Tian Zi pouted again but in the end, he nodded and went back to quickly wash up. Fyre also did the same after he left Tian Zi's room and later instead of him waiting for the Alpha, it was Tian Zi who waited for him outside with already a thick jacket and a bonnet on. Fyre couldn't help but smile as he approached him especially when he saw Tian Zi's face brightened at the sight of him.

"What took you so long--" Tian Zi asked but his words were cut off by Fyre when he suddenly pulled the Alpha by his collar and initiated a kiss. It caught Tian Zi by surprise and he froze very briefly before he wrapped his arms around Fyre's narrow waist lifting half of his weight as they continued to kiss so passionately. And the moment their lips separated, Fyre buried his face against his lover's neck blushing shyly.