175 - Laotian x Daniel (1)

* * *
"Ahwww, our new sister. Hi Lizzie, I'm your big brother Ching Li, you are so cute~"

"And I'm your big brother Chao Yu. When you grow up a little, we'll play a lot with Big Brother Lan and Big Brother Minmin, and Little Eli, hehe," Chao Yu exclaimed after his twins as they struggled to get up on the bed with Laotian pulling both their clothes down.

"Don't climb up into the bed. Didn't I tell you Mommy's in pain right now? He can't have you two jumping on top of him," Laotian reminded again for the hundredth time today since he admitted Daniel to the hospital. Furthermore, he's reading some important documents for the company but he can't finish them when the two keep on distracting him. Of course, Daniel did say to go to work and not worry about him but he knew he'd be even more distracted if he went to work knowing his wife was at the hospital. So in the end, he decided to work with Daniel beside him instead. Besides, he's already used to it so it doesn't bother him much... That is until both Ching Li and Chao become jumpy when Ian came to visit with his newborn.

"Ahwww but Daddy we want to see Lizzie. I wanna touch her," the two pouted, making Daniel chuckle.

"Ching Li, Chao Yu, listen to your dad, okay?" Daniel expressed with a helpless smile before carefully brushing Lizzie's plump and pinkish cheeks. The twins complained but they didn't insist anymore and instead pouted, crossing their arms against their chests. Daniel saw this and he sighed again helplessly before extending his hand on top of the children's heads.

"Later you can ask Uncle Ian to show you your sister instead, is that okay? Can you both be patient for a while?" Daniel cooed and finally, that had pacified the twins and nodded happily.

"Is Uncle Ian really gonna do that?" the two said in chorus before looking at Ian for confirmation.

"Yeah of course, I'm sure our Lizzie would like to meet her brothers too," Ian responded to the question that was not asked and the two squealed happily. Since Both Lan and Lancel have extracurricular activities at school, they weren't able to come but fortunately, today was not one of those days where the twins were extra stubborn. Additionally, since Hanlu isn't around to spoil them, they tend to listen easily as well.

"Good, then can you two sit over there for now? Didn't you bring snacks before coming here? Why don't you eat those for now and play while you wait for me and your uncle to finish talking?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, okaaay, Mommy. We'll be nice and wait," Ching Li replied and finally headed to the couch as his twins took the snacks to bring to the coffee table. Daniel and Ian watched the two and both of them smiled because thankfully Chao Yu and Ching Li were being obedient.

"Anyway Ian, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to stay with you when you most needed it, but I'm really glad that the both of you are fine," Daniel chirped happily to Ian who was sitting in the chair next to his bed.

Four days had passed since Ian had given birth and today, he finally was allowed to be discharged from the hospital. However, since he and Daniel were pretty close on their due dates and Daniel had not been feeling well since four days ago, he and Laotian had decided to admit to the hospital and stay there until the time comes. Of course, there are still five weeks left until Daniel goes into labor but given that Daniel had multiple experiences with difficult pregnancies, Laotian was afraid something would go wrong so this was the best solution they could think of.

"Yeah, I was worried at first because we never expected I'd undergo a c-section at first but Lizzie's fine, and I'm fine. But that aside, how are you? I heard you have had contractions and were advised to rest," Ian assured that he was fine and later asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I'm fine now actually. Just some discomfort but Laotian's worried something would go wrong with me and the baby so we decided to stay in the hospital instead," Daniel replied and this time gave back Lizzie to her mother since he couldn't carry the baby for too long anyway. Also, Laotian had already warned him about it after asking if he could carry Lizzie in his arms.