182 - A Responsible Alpha (2)

* * *

Arriving at the hospital, everyone worriedly approached Daniel on his bed who suddenly looked thinner than the last time they saw him, which was literally just a few hours ago at the party. The kids especially ran toward their mother and carefully climbed onto his bed after Laotian—who took Eli in his arms from the nanny—warned them to be gentle as they hugged their mother's thighs.

"Mommy... Are you sick?" Luangmin was the first to ask, already with teary eyes. Even though he had already seen Daniel going to the hospital multiple times, he still couldn't help but get worried for him especially today because Daniel looked especially weaker than usual. Of course, he had noticed how his mother's stomach had significantly deflated and knew what that probably meant but right now, he was just worried about his mother's condition.

"Oh, my babies, Mommy's fine. Just a little bit weak after giving birth to your youngest sibling but I'll get better in a day or two so don't cry, okay?" Daniel smiled happily. His cheeks were still a bit red from his crying earlier but he was happy to see all his children with him now. Although he was sad about not being able to give birth again, on the brighter side, he'll have more time to be with his kids and his attention won't be divided anymore since he won't be having another child. Besides, Elijah was just about to turn two soon and Daniel feels guilty that he had to hire someone else to take care of him because he couldn't while pregnant.

"I-I hate my new sibling-wahhhhhhh," Suddenly whining with a loud bawl, Chao Yu who was all this time watching his mother couldn't hold it in anymore and complained. His twin who saw him cry also began to sniffle and looked at Daniel.

"I-I hate it too. Hurting mommy like this, Eli's way better..." Ching Li expressed this time, both making Daniel and Laotian sigh helplessly. Of course, the Elders at the back and the rest also helplessly sighed. It was no secret that the twins disliked Daniel's recent pregnancy because he had to visit the hospital often and the Omega couldn't play with them as often as before as well. And since it's known how possessive the twins were to their mother, it's expected that they would get upset at anyone who takes the Omega away from them. That includes their father and Eli.

"Chao Yu, Ching Li, don't say that. You can't hate your youngest sibling," Daniel tried to convince before looking at Laotian for help. Meanwhile, at the side, Fyre and Tian Zi looked at the messy situation and Tian Zi sighed especially.

"I hope ours' a bit more like Luangmin," Tian Zi whispered against Fyre's ears while looking at the bawling twins as now everyone tries to calm them down.

"What? Don't say something like that, the twins are adorable too," Fyre replied with a chuckle before pinching his lover to his side, knowing what the Alpha meant to say. As for him, it's normal for kids to act this way and it's good that the twins are able to express what they like and do not like. For him, it's easier that way because he'll know what to do.

"Ack, well I didn't say they aren't adorable. I'm just saying I prefer the quiet ones," Tian Zi said and secretly stepped back so he could hug Fyre from the back and kiss his nape softly.

"Hey stop~" Fyre whined in a hushed tone but he obviously enjoyed it when didn't even push Tian Zi away as he normally would if he really didn't like it.

"I'm not doing anything, it's just a kiss," Tian Zi whispered and it was obvious in his tone that he was smirking so this time, Fyre turned around with a frown before crossing his arms against his chest. Tian Zi still had his arms wrapped around his lover and smiled mischievously.

"You still haven't told me what your brother and you talked about," Fyre suddenly brought up, immediately fading the smile on the Alpha's face.

"Urgg, I said I'm going to tell you later. For now, just stay here and let me handle things for a bit, okay?" Tian Zi whispered, making sure no one would hear except the two of them. Fyre continued to frown at Tian Zi's words but he later sighed and nodded, knowing the Alpha wouldn't keep secrets from him that long anyway and he did say he was going to tell him later. He's not in a hurry so he can wait a bit more.