79 - Who's Cheating Who?

* * *

"Tian Zi, I...I like you!"

"I...I really like you," Maverick said again, chewing on his lips after. He couldn't believe he was finally confessing his feelings. Although he knew that he was going to be rejected, he couldn't help but feel relieved at this new feeling. He had never been able to express what he truly felt since he was young so he was so overwhelmingly happy that for the past days, he was able to do so. For the first time ever, he felt freedom. And that was thanks to Tian Zi and Fyre who helped him without asking any questions, without judging him, and without asking anything in return.

Maverick smiled, clenching his chest before he looked at Tian Zi again. On the other hand, the Alpha just stared at him in disbelief as he didn't know what to say or do. Obviously, this was the first time he was hearing someone confessing to him and he didn't know it would make him feel this way. It was rather uncomfortable.

"Y-You don't need to accept my confession. I know you don't feel the same way towards me... but I just had to say it. I've never been this free to talk about what I feel before so I just wanted to say this to you before I regret it. You don't need to feel burdened at all," Maverick assured. Initially, he thought that he would make a move on the Alpha and see if they were going to work but he saw how Tian Zi and Fyre had become closer in the past days and so he no longer wanted to ruin that.

After all, he already did one time and he would not be able to forgive himself if he became the antagonist in the couple's relationship. Whether they're in the process of becoming official or not, he wanted to be their number one supporter. It's the least he could do to help the two who gave him his freedom. Of course, it would be a lie if he said that he would be completely fine since it would definitely be painful. But he had been through a lot in his life and he was positive that he would be able to live through the pain eventually and find his own happy ending.

"I'm sorry. You are a good person Maverick but m-my heart already belongs to someone. I guess you were right back then. That is... I do have feelings for Fyre and was in denial," Tian Zi confessed, his cheeks turning a little pinkish making Maverick surprised. He already expected it but no matter how he told himself, he really still couldn't stop the pain he was feeling.

"W-Wow... you should confess to him already," Maverick suggested as he forced himself to smile, hiding the fact that he was hurting at the moment. He kept reminding himself that he was going to be okay but it still does hurt. The impact was different when the Alpha said it himself.

"Hmm. I already did and we became official a week ago but couldn't tell anyone because of what had happened. We felt like it wasn't the right time to tell everyone. Both of us were planning though, any day from now. Although we had a little misunderstanding earlier this morni..." Tian Zi informed, looking on his lap feeling shy. He couldn't hide the smile on his face at first but once again being reminded of the misunderstanding he had with the Omega this morning, his smile was quick to fade as it turned into a sad and helpless one. Tian Zi returned his gaze to Maverick feeling a little embarrassed since the Omega was the first person he told about his relationship with Fyre but he soon halted his words when he saw Maverick with tears on his cheeks while still smiling. It was as if he didn't even notice that he was crying.

"Uhmm, a-are you okay?" Tian Zi asked even though clearly Maverick wasn't okay. Meanwhile, hearing the Alpha's question, Maverick touched his cheeks only to find out it was wet. When he realized that he was crying, he quickly panicked, wiping his tears. As if he couldn't believe it himself. After all, he said that the Alpha didn't have to return his feelings, it was enough for him that he was able to convey it. But here he was now, crying after hearing that the two are finally together. He's way too pathetic.