9 - Not His Lover

* * *

"Oh, isn't this the maid of honor?" A short woman who Fyre remembered as one of the bride's maids, greeted them as soon as they entered the room located at the side of the staircase which he believed was the guest room. The room also had the same french renaissance theme as the whole mansion, it was very big and spacious it felt like he was like in a fairytale. Fyre swiftly looked around and no matter how amazed he was with the interior when he first stepped inside the mansion, knowing that this was Mo Hanlu's property kind of made sense. After all, he was the man who told everyone he was going to have a fairytale-themed wedding at 34 years old.

"Yeah, he's Fyre Long, Mo Tian Zi's friend," Daniel replied as he continued to lead Fyre inside the room and to the woman where there was a crib for the said twins to lie on.

"Fyre this is my friend and assistant, April. She's also one of the bride's maids," Daniel added to which Fyre replied with a simple shy nod.

"Yeah, nice to meet you," Fyre said towards April while the short woman smiled at him sweetly, but later suddenly held both his hands in interest as if looking at Fyre with sparkling eyes.

"You can tell me. Are you or are you not, Young Master Tian Zi's lover?" April asked in excitement looking up at Fyre giving no room for the Omega to avoid her question.

"N-No I'm not. Why do you all think I am?" Fyre replied in frustration looking at April's excited expression. He really didn't know why people immediately think he is that bastard Mo Tian Zi's lover. He does not believe they give off that kind of vibe at all.

"Why? Of course, it's because Young Master Tian Zi avoided Omegas more than the Eldest Young Master does. He is super sensitive to pheromones so if he's not careful, he could have accidentally planted his seeds to more than a dozen of fields by now," Letting go of Fyre's hand in disappointment, April waved her hand as if she was stating the obvious, she even had her eyes rolled up as if saying"duh".

"You're the very first person he brought home. And you being the maid of honor, doesn't that say a lot already?" April added which shocked Fyre to a certain level. First of all, Mo Tian Zi sensitive to pheromones? 'But how come he was able to resist when I was in heat in front of him?' Fyre thought and doubted what April was saying was true. And second of all, the only reason he was the maid of honor was because Tian Zi said, Mo Hanlu insisted that he become one or else something was to happen. Tian Zi didn't tell what was going to happen but he said it was indeed going to happen and even begged him to accept the invitation.

"We're really just friends, well more or less and despite me being an Omega, I'm a recessive so I don't have pheromones," Fyre replied awkwardly. He didn't like mentioning he is a recessive but with the situation he couldn't help but mention it. Additionally, he had enough people mistakenly think of him as Mo Tian Zi's lover. Now he definitely understood what the Alpha said earlier when they arrived about saving him from future headaches.

"What? You're recessive? It's the first time I'm meeting one, but didn't they say recessive tend to get attack sessions? Isn't that dangerous with you in this house? We have more Alphas than Betas and Omegas here today," April exclaimed in surprise. Ten percent of the overall population of the world are Omegas, which are already very few compared to Betas who consist of sixty percent of the population. However, recessive Omegas are even rarer, to the point where there are actually researchers wanting to hire one at a high price to be a human test tube for new counter drugs.

"Yeah, I do get attacks. Actually, Tian Zi saved me twice, and he didn't seem very sensitive to pheromones," Fyre replied, and instantly, as if her ears twitched, April looked again at Fyre with interest. It was obvious she wanted a more detailed story about what Fyre had just said. As for Fyre, he was the one who experienced being with Tian Zi in his heat so he knew better how the Alpha had control over his instincts but if Mo Tian Zi was as sensitive as April had said, he does not believe the Alpha would have control himself in front of him.