101 - Not Asking for Too Much

* * *

"We got a baby Omega!" Hanlu reported as soon as they got out of the examination room that when Daniel and Laotian heard it, they both reacted surprised because the doctor already told them they might have an Omega baby and now Ian and Hanlu actually had an Omega baby. What are the chances of two Omega babies being conceived in the family in the same year and generation? Probably close to zero!

"Oh my, congratulations..." Daniel exclaimed as he approached Ian and gave him a hug. Daniel didn't mention it but he could tell that the fellow Omega just came from crying and he had an idea why. Since Hanlu didn't seem to be disappointed that their baby turned out to be an Omega, he could immediately figure out that Ian might have been anxious that the Alpha would be disappointed if they didn't get a baby girl just like he wished for. And seeing that Hanlu seemed to be floating on cloud nine, Daniel felt genuinely happy for Ian.

"Thank you," Ian mumbled with flushed cheeks. Truthfully, he never really even thought that he would still be able to conceive. It was almost a lie when he heard about it from his medical result from work. And even when he's been pregnant for almost 17 weeks now, seeing the baby inside him become more and more like a little human than their previous check-up had truly made him realize this was reality and happening that he couldn't help feeling ecstatic. Now he could feel the thrill Hanlu had been feeling since day one.

"Now that we're done here, let's all go and visit Fyre on his check-up. Then we can go and celebrate," Daniel suggested excitedly to which the rest nodded in agreement. They soon trailed the way to where Fyre and Tian Zi should be at this moment. Meanwhile, at his own check-up schedule, Fyre faced Doctor Feng and another gynecologist as they explained his current condition. Truthfully, he didn't even know what to do or say and he just stared at the two doctors telling him some things he was not sure whether he should feel happy or sad.

"As I've said... this condition is very common among recessive Omegas as 4 out of 10 tend to get it. The only good thing about this is that pregnancy isn't completely impossible but there are some important factors that we have to meet in order for it to work," Doctor Feng further explained. In short, just like Fyre had expected, he is by no means pregnant but after further examination, it was found out that he had this very common condition—common among recessives like him—where it would be difficult for him to conceive even if his partner is an Alpha.

"One of these factors is age. Since Mr. Long already turning 30 in a couple of months, I highly suggest that you take this chance before it's too late when your womb further shrinks down and is unable to cater to your fetus. Luckily, the Young Master is a rare Alpha which would increase the chance of conception if he knots you during natural heat. According to my calculation, this might be your last and only chance if you want to have a child together."

Doctor Feng finished and just like earlier, Fyre just silently listened to the information. Tian Zi was the same that seeing both their reactions, Doctor Feng gave the two the time that they needed to let all the information sink in first since this kind of thing is truly a lot to chew for new couples.

"I'll give the both of you some time to think it through and when you're prepared, I would gladly assist you every step of the way whatever decision you come up with."

"Thank you, Doc." Tian Zi managed to say before he led Fyre to the waiting area where they sat silently.

"Are you okay?" Tian Zi finally asked. Of course, for him, this news was unfortunate. Even though he didn't really like children, he still hoped one day he had at least one. He's been especially thinking about it recently as he was faced with the possibility of Fyre getting pregnant and after thinking about it for weeks, he realized it wasn't so bad if the baby is from him and Fyre. He truly didn't mind. Even today, he came to the hospital with an open mind but upon receiving such news, needless to say, he felt hurt, sad, and disappointed.

"Yeah... J-Just..." Fyre tried to respond but he couldn't find the right words to say. Just like Tian Zi, he was never really fond of children but even before he met Tian Zi and started getting feelings for him, getting a child whenever he wanted to be had always been an open option for him. He never thought he would get married and find a man who would accept him but a child of his own had always been at the back of his mind, but now they're saying that he couldn't and that this was his last chance? Surely, anyone in his position would feel the same way as he was.

"J-Just... This was all too sudden," Fyre finally said in frustration. If he couldn't get pregnant anyway, what was his heat for then? For years he suffered but now he finds out that he's actually a hen that couldn't lay eggs? It's aggravating because there was no one he could blame and it was slowly killing him inside as reality sunk in.

"Whatever decision you have. I will respect it, Fyre. I do want a child with you one day but if we can't, I don't mind as long as you stay with me. For me, you're more than enough." Seeing and feeling his Omega's frustrations, Tian Zi quickly reached out for Fyre's hand and tried to assure him to which Fyre responded with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Thank you," he softly conveyed before he finally sighed, looking back at his lover. "But I think we should at least try," Fyre added with a forced smile. It hurts but he really wanted to at least try because he didn't want to regret it. It's difficult and painful to hope but it's a lot better than completely giving up now without trying.

"I don't mind but are you sure? Fyre, you don't need to force yourself just because we're told this is our last chance." Surprised at the sudden decision but Tian Zi faintly smiled and assured him. He could feel that Fyre wasn't ready and so he didn't want to make the Omega feel as if they needed to rush just because they were told this was their only chance.

"... I really want to try, Zi..." Fyre replied, shaking his head left and right telling the Alpha that he wasn't forcing himself. Although it is true that he wasn't ready, the possibility that they could never have a child together still weighed more than his own comfort.

"...Okay, I'll do whatever you want," Tian Zi softly said and this time leaned closer to kiss his lover's forehead before it went down to his cheeks and later a brief kiss on his lips. After their short conversation about the matter, they soon talked to doctor Feng again and expressed what they wanted to happen. Fyre was prescribed some supplements to boost his immune system as they waited for him to ovulate again.

"For now, you can go on with your daily life and contact me when your natural heat comes. There's no problem with regular mating and in fact, it is important to stimulate the body to urge it to go in heat and if we're lucky, we might get successful within 3-4 attempts. It not, then we can try other methods," Doctor Feng further explained as the couple listened. After the long session, they were finally finished and ready to go.

"Are you okay?" Tian Zi asked again, seeing that Fyre was being silent. Well... he does understand why but he really hoped the Omega won't pressure or blame himself because it's not like he wanted this to happen.

"I'm fine, Zi... Just a little tired," Fyre replied without much energy. When Tian Zi saw this, he couldn't hold back and suddenly pulled Fyre into a hug.

"It's okay... Everything's going to be okay. You don't need to pressure or blame yourself, okay?" Tian Zi said with such tenderness as he squeezed his lover against his arms. And for some reason, those words suddenly made him want to cry.

"...Thank you~" Fyre muttered as his voice cracked, beginning to cry because he just couldn't help but be frustrated. He thought that after Tian Zi proposed to him, everything was going to be smooth sailing. He even accepted a career way different from his interests. He was finally going down the road where he felt like every day he could be happy and feel fulfilled but now this!? How can God be so cruel to him? He is a fucking Omega! All throughout history Omegas were called the breeders of the world and were looked down upon because of it but now he's been told that the very essence of him being an Omega was robbed from him!? He wasn't fucking asking for too much. He just wanted one child! Just one child!

"I love you and you're perfect no matter what," Tian Zi whispered as he finally could hear the painful bawls from his precious person. If only he knew how to make him feel better now, he would definitely do it. Alas, he didn't but he continued to lend his arms until his beloved let it all out.

* * *

To be Continued...

VOTE.COMMENT.FOLLOW.

A/N: Read more on my Patreon page. Link on my bio.