72 - Mind Occupied

* * *

Just like Fyre had promised, he decided to stay at the Mo Estate as per Laura Mo's request. Since things got a little awkward earlier in addition to Elder Sullen's condition, things weren't as lively as usual so Fyre had nothing else to do but stay in his room. Of course, since it was still early, he sat on his balcony overlooking the well-lit garden and large pond from afar. Even though the breeze was cold, he didn't mind and continued to look at the empty horizon.

One reason he liked staying at the Mo Estate was even though he was uncomfortable at first, was because aside from being treated like a young master, his room had the best view. His room was also the only room that had a balcony on the whole floor. He didn't know why he was treated like this since the beginning but he won't deny that he liked it... Well, who wouldn't?

Sighing, Fyre leaned forward to the concrete railing with his hands supporting his head. His mind traveled back from earlier when he was surprised to see Maverick hugging his boyfriend. There was nothing wrong with it because Maverick was just very thankful to the Alpha but he couldn't forgive himself for feeling slightly bitter because of it. It was just a hug but at that moment, he was so jealous he wanted to yell and order the fellow Omega to let go... it was rather shameless of him... and it hasn't even been that long since he became Tian Zi's lover and he's already acting possessive as if he owned the Alpha.

"Arg! Why am I like this?" Fyre scolded himself, pulling on his hair. This is the first time that he was feeling this way in his entire life. How is he supposed to know if that was normal or not?! All his life he had only been in front of his computer, he did have a few crushes when he was in high school but that was too long ago! He already forgot how that felt and he was pretty sure he had never felt like this. Thankfully though, earlier, he was still calm enough to control his facial expression. It was difficult but he managed.

"Was I that jealous just because of a simple hug?" Fyre asked himself, still unable to believe it. He thought that after his talk to Maverick that day, after all the explanations. He thought that all his insecurities disappeared along with his fear. He thought that knowing that Tian Zi loved him was enough to make him feel assured... but he was wrong! So wrong and the earlier scene was the evidence. The image of Maverick and Tian Zi kissing so intimately flashed in his mind so vividly as if it was just yesterday. It was the scene that made him realize that he liked Tian Zi. It was also the same scene that broke his heart for the first time ever. Of course that time or this, none of it was Tian Zi or Maverick's fault. It was just him! It was him who was the problem.

"Fuck it!" Fyre cursed before finally deciding to go back inside his room and jumped on his bed facing down. He was planning to sleep his mind off and wake up tomorrow with a fresh mind but after long minutes of shutting his eyes closed, he abruptly jumped up again and groaned in frustration. Whenever he closed his eyes, the images that he didn't want to remember became even clearer. He tried to think of something else but he just couldn't and it's making him go insane. Trying to sleep was also impossible because his mind was very much awake and refused to sleep. At times like this, he was usually at his kitchen baking something or on his computer playing games.

"Damn it!" Fyre cursed again and decided to get off of his bed. Worrying that he'll go crazy with his own thoughts, he was planning to go to the kitchen and maybe make something to occupy his mind. He's pretty much very welcome in the house and he had used the kitchen a lot of times in the past years together with Laura Mo so he's very familiar already. Fyre was just about to step out of his room when he caught Tian Zi in front of his door, walking back and forth. Both of them were so surprised as their wide eyes locked.

"W-what are you doing there?!" Fyre was the first to ask, stuttering since he was suddenly facing the man who had been occupying his mind all this time. Thankfully, he wasn't faint-hearted, or else he would have screamed his lungs out and then kicked the Alpha on his balls.