53 - Jealousy (2)

* * *

Camera flashing towards their subject, the group of reporters became crazy as they came across the star of the night as he and his escort stepped out of their vehicle. All but confused to see the Fyre Long with the Hymlyn Corporation's sole heir, Paul Hymlyn, who has been away all this time, nearly 8 years now, since the scandal of his ex-fiancé, Daniella Sullen.

They bombarded the couple with questions as they wanted to know what their connection was to each other. Everyone already knew that Fyre Long was very well acquainted with a handful of elite personalities in the country such as the Mos and Sullens, and even well-known foreign household nobilities, which were the Woods and Silvostris. There had been rumors as well that he was the lover of Mo Tian Zi, the founder of the new rising tech company ZNetwork, but now they were seeing the Omega with the corporate heir!? Another elite personality that cannot be ignored.

Of course, Fyre had already warned Paul about his reputation and that a lot had changed since he left, so the Alpha wasn't that surprised at all. Instead, Paul protectively wrapped his arm around Fyre's slim waist as they paced through the group of wild individuals, ignoring all the questions that were thrown at them. Since only a number of media was allowed inside the venue and interviews weren't allowed until the end of the celebration, the two were only able to relax a little when they finally got inside.

"That wasn't too bad." Paul giggled. Even though he expected it, he was still a little surprised that the media became wild at seeing Fyre as his partner to the point that the supposed spotlight that should have been directed to him tonight, Fyre took all that in one swoop. It has been a while since he encountered this much media so he was taken aback, but just a tiny bit.

"Urg. Don't remind me. Those people used to harass me even in my own yard. I can only imagine another false article about me and you flooding online after this." Fyre replied helplessly. To be honest, he was already so sick of it to the point that it no longer got him. He also didn't want to bother and explain himself because he knew he did nothing wrong. Thankfully, even though this was the case, there were still people out there that still supported him, even to the point of forming a fans club.

There was also that time when there were discussions about him being similar to a book character. The fans of the book had petitioned for him to act the role for the movie adaptation, having found out that Remi Long used to audition for acting, when she was still alive. The fans had expected him to have acting talent as well. They went crazy and even threatened the whole movie production to boycott it! At that time, the production even went ahead and made an attempt to negotiate with him, which he declined because it was too bothersome. The fact that he wasn't an actor was also another thing. In the end, the movie adaptation was put on-hold to ease the public.

"I'm sorry. I've caused you trouble because of my selfish request." Paul said, and if he'd had dog ears, Fyre could just imagine them drooping down, making him instantly giggle.

"A little trouble is fine since it's you. And besides, unlike before, I've become a changed person and I now have a lot of people ready to support me, whatever I choose to do." Fyre smiled sweetly and couldn't help but pat the head of his dear friend. Back then, he would have been too shy to do that to Paul, but right now it felt like he was comforting a sad little brother. But he soon stopped, seeing how the Alpha was suddenly blushing. Perhaps he was feeling embarrassed that a small Omega like him was comforting him although it was true that he was a few years older, despite his size.

"Fyre, did anyone tell you that that smile of yours is dangerous?" Paul mumbled softly, slightly covering his face hoping that he wasn't blushing too hard because he could feel his face feeling hotter than normal. He wasn't used to Fyre being this way. He used to have a sharp tongue and a tough and cold appearance, even though he still acted a little soft sometimes. But right now Fyre was being straight up sweet! Perhaps, a smile from someone who didn't smile a lot gave more of an impact than the ones who did, because it means that the smile was more genuine.