121 - Dark Past (2)

* * *

A young boy sat on the bus hugging his pack bag containing nothing else but five sets of clothes, underwear, a toothbrush, a couple of medicine he needed, and his whole life savings. After weeks and weeks of contemplating, he finally decided it was better for him to leave home. He had caused huge trouble for his family after stealing money from the bank causing his sister to leave and pay for what he did. He thought he could really help their family this time but instead, he caused trouble and especially for his older sister. That's why after gathering up all his courage, he had finally decided he would run away. At least that way, there would be fewer things for his parents to think about.

The young boy looked outside the window of the bus and as it left, he savored the nostalgic view of his poor town and promised one day he'd come back as a greater person which his parents could be proud of.

Unfortunately, unknown to him, he'd slowly forget about this promise and it would make it harder for him to come back again.

"Young boss, we brought the new recruit we told you about last time. He's young but he's quite skilled in hacking and tracking down people so can definitely help grow the organization," a man said, brushing the young boy's head. After hours and hours of traveling, he finally reached his destination. At first, he didn't know what he was thinking, trusting someone he just met a few times while taking odd jobs as a hacker but he was now here and there was no turning back.

The young boy looked at the man they called Boss and his guard went a little down when he saw that he was just a teenager himself, maybe a couple of years older but nevertheless, just a teenager like him. Still, he quickly looked down again because he was just not used to other people aside from his family. It was quite surprising that he left home and chose to go with a stranger despite his condition, but he had made up his mind despite how terrified he was.

"Come on, introduce yourself. Even though the boss is still young, he's a dominant Alpha so he's more capable than you think. We've already seen his potential, that's why we bow down to him even though he's younger than most of us," the man said and urged the young boy to speak as he tapped on his shoulder. Meanwhile, still a little bit hesitant, the young boy looked up only to look down once again as he subconsciously played with his fingers and struggled to get out his words.

"It's okay. You can speak comfortably. We're all orphans or have run away from home here," the teenage boy urged with a kind smile. He then signaled the man beside the young boy to leave, leaving only the shy young boy and him alone in the room as soon as the message was relayed. However, still hesitant, the shy young boy chewed on his lips. After what had happened to him at school, he suddenly found it hard to speak to other people due to his trauma so even though the teenage boy looked like he was kind, he still couldn't speak. Truthfully, he was afraid. Very afraid! A part of him wanted to go back and cower under his parent's arms like always but another part of him kept on insisting that he should be braver and that he can't be like this forever.

"My name is Lucien. I'll turn 18 this year but I think we're almost at the same age. You don't have to be afraid, no one's going to hurt you here, I can assure you that." The teenage boy introduced and reached out to touch the quivering young boy's hand. Surprised, the young boy looked at Lucien and a blush reached his cheeks. Somehow, something about Lucien felt mysterious and dangerous but at the same time, he couldn't help being drawn closer to that kind and charming smile.

"M-My name is Fyre... a-and I'm 15," the shy boy finally introduced himself, making Lucien smile in satisfaction. A brief sharp glint of amusement flashed in his eyes but it soon vanished before the young boy could notice.

"Fyre...Hmmm, what a cute name... You know, when I heard someone like you was coming to join us, I was really excited so I took it to myself and especially reserved your own computer room next to my room because I really want us to get along. Do you want to see it?" Lucien said with his bright eyes, making Fyre slightly feel uncomfortable but he nodded at the offer anyway since it was the first time someone was this excited to meet him. Despite his discomfort, he was still happy due to the warm welcome. Unfortunately, he didn't know that years from now, this same person would give him his worst nightmares.